any hoosiers out there?

Options
dconner13
dconner13 Posts: 25 Member
I was born and raised in Kokomo and have been gone from there for the last 10 yrs. I live in the stinkin desert now and getting real tired of it! Wanna make some hometown friends!

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Im in Evansville.....
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What part of the desert??? I am near Columbus now. I grew up around Lafayette and I knew from the time I was about 7 that I just didn't like Indiana. I want to be somewhere warm!
    We lived in Colorado for a few years, and then in Southern New Mexico for 6 more years. I absolutely LOVE New Mexico! Miss it like crazy! So when I hear you are in the desert, I am thinking we should trade! :laugh:
  • dconner13
    Options
    What part of the desert??? I am near Columbus now. I grew up around Lafayette and I knew from the time I was about 7 that I just didn't like Indiana. I want to be somewhere warm!
    We lived in Colorado for a few years, and then in Southern New Mexico for 6 more years. I absolutely LOVE New Mexico! Miss it like crazy! So when I hear you are in the desert, I am thinking we should trade! :laugh:

Lol! Well its not your typical desert. Reno NV....the wettest desert I've ever seen! Hahaha but I miss green grass and trees. I miss actual seasons! And fireflies!
  • courtneykrueger
    Options
    Misty, I am in Evansville, too!!
  • Outlast717
    Options
    I'm in Huntington!
  • cindyg86
    Options
    Born and raised in the Indianapolis metro... living in California's Central Coast for grad school. I definitely didn't appreciate Indiana enough when I was growing up there! While I am in love with California/the West Coast I will always be a proud Hoosier! I only make it back to Indy about once a year (for the holidays... when it's freezing cold, ugh) but I look forward to that trip year round!

Glad to see there are others lurking around the forums!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Grew up in Elwood not too far from Kokomo. Now live in Greencastle.
  • jmwolffyy
    Options
    Ahh, the cure for missing Indiana in NM was to go visit Ruidoso. It was much like Brown County. So a couple times a year, we would go there for a long weekend and it fixed all my problems. Although it was fun to see fireflies (lightning bugs) again, especially for my kids! Our first winter back, my daughter (who had never seen snow that stuck before) loved being outside and playing in it. Two years later and she is as bad as me, and hates the winters! I also liked being elsewhere because when I was a Colts fan in another state, I was not just one of many. I am trying to talk my husband into northern Florida or back to NM.... But once I am in those places, well of course I will be a proud Hoosier again!
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in California (mostly the dessert area) until I was 21... then I moved to Elkhart, IN and LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!!
  • dconner13
    Options
    Its tough to be a colts fan soo close to raider country! Lol! My fiance is a cali boy and die hard raider fan! He also admits that the reason I get mad at them losing a game is because I am spoiled with a good team! Unlike him! Lmao!
  • courtneykrueger
    Options
    I know what you mean DK! My hubby is a diehard Packers fan, but luckily we live in IN and not WI, so I can wear my Colts apparel proudly and not get snickered at!
  • jmwolffyy
    Options
    Its tough to be a colts fan soo close to raider country! Lol! My fiance is a cali boy and die hard raider fan! He also admits that the reason I get mad at them losing a game is because I am spoiled with a good team! Unlike him! Lmao!

Now I think I just had it made in NM... no major teams to call it home so everyone liked somebody different. LOL! Although there is a large Cowboys fan base there, they still weren't the "home" team either... However I could just imagine the rivalry at your house if ever the two teams play... :huh: :laugh:
  • dconner13
    Options

Now I think I just had it made in NM... no major teams to call it home so everyone liked somebody different. LOL! Although there is a large Cowboys fan base there, they still weren't the "home" team either... However I could just imagine the rivalry at your house if ever the two teams play... :huh: :laugh:

Oh yeah! He loves me tho....enough he even bought me a Payton Jersey! That was painful for him! Lol!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I live in Hobart, Indiana, 30 minutes SW from Chicago.. I love the seasons, but would like longer springs and summers. ; )