Streach marks..

Options
I find this to be very irratating I get them very easy with weight gain but when you lose weight they are still there!!! Has anyone found anything besides surgery that makes them less visable??

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    They eventually fade, but it takes a while, and they never entirely go away, just get much less noticable. There are some creams/lotions that you can try that I've heard work, but I've never tried.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Butter prevents them on pregnant women so I see no reason why it wouldn't work for weight gain/loss. The thing is you have to use it in anticipation of weight gain since as far as I know it's a preventative and not necessarily a cure for existing stretch marks.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    There isn't a single thing that can actually prevent or cure 100% of stretch marks. Some creams and lotions claim to do so.. but it's usually just that - a claim. Save your money, or at the very least, beware.

I used bio oil when I had a surgery for the scars, and I can't tell if it's helped much... but it's not too pricey ($20/bottle), so I might suggest that :smile:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Butter prevents them on pregnant women so I see no reason why it wouldn't work for weight gain/loss. The thing is you have to use it in anticipation of weight gain since as far as I know it's a preventative and not necessarily a cure for existing stretch marks.

Cocoa butter is what I've always grown with hearing how it helps with stretch marks. There was something else that was supposed to work really well, but it totally escapes me at the moment. :grumble:
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Bio oil although expensive is supposed to be the best. I have really bad stretch marks but have given up worrying about them now {they are the least of my worries :wink: } find out if you can get different products in sample sizes and give them all a try and see what happens, thats the best I can suggest!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    PALMERS COCOA BUTTER. It works. Put it on after you are done drying of from the shower. The cream is best (not the lotion).
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    If they're the darker stretch marks then just sitting out in the sun to tan the area helps because once your tan goes away so do the marks at least thats what works for me. It's absolutely free so try it out and see for your self. DO NOT do that with the white stretch marks the skin tone difference will just make them stand out more.

Hope it helps!