22 year old university student from Melbourne looking for su

Options
Hey there everyone!

I've only really started counting calories and losing weight in the last two months. So far, 16 pounds. Yay! However, I've reached a stage where I know I should log everything (and I do!) however, I'm getting a bit over it...

So, I thought that I'd see if there's anyone who can give me a bit of a boost! :flowerforyou:

It would be great to get some motivation from you guys, it's such a lovely community on here.

I also love to cook, so we can share yummy recipes and stuff! Healthy ones, of course :laugh:

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi Toshiette :) I am from NSW Australia but currently living in Istanbul Turkey. Sounds like you are on the right track as you have already lost 16 pounds, well done! It can be hard to eat well when you are a university student. What are you studying?
    I also love to cook (when I have time) and my mother in law is helping me to learn to cook Turkish food.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm a 20 year old student from the UK. I started at 166lbs on January 7th and am now 159.5lbs. My ultimate goal is to be 119lbs by September 2011 or as close to it as possible!

I don't cook that much, I relied on frozen meals and so called "healthy" processed junk, but as of Friday just gone, I have decided to clean up my act and eat more healthy nutritious foods!

So, feel free to add me, I need motivation too!
  • louisat1982
    louisat1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I've only been counting calories for 3 weeks and have lost 7 pounds :)
    I'm doing slimming worlld and have lovely recipes that I would love to share with you all if you don't mind slimming world recipes! They are all so lovely, think my husband has only disliked one of them as have I
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey Rach, Cartha and Louisa! I'm Rose (or Rosie) by the way. I'm studying Law at the moment. 1.5 years to go!

I've always loved cooking and baking, and have never even looked at the low fat versions of ingredients before, so this has been a steep learning curve for me. However, it is interesting since I love to experiment :). I recently made some yummy peanut butter bookies and am looking at different sorts of muesli bars next.

Also, how much fun are farmers markets! :happy:
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    If you need a kick up the bum or feel the need to give a kick up the bum you can add me.

Im NSWelshman living in QLD
  • georgina1000
    Options
    Hello
    I am happy to be your buddy
    I only joined last week and would love to be part of the forum
    I live in Scotland but australia is very close to my heart as my son in law is from Perth
    Looking forward to hearing your progress
    Georgina