30 pounds and going

Options
I've lost 30 pounds since the 1st of the year. I'm feeling much better about myself and can't wait to shed the rest of the dead weight that has kept me down all these years.

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wow...30 lbs since Jan 1...I have only managed to lose 10...what are you doing???
  • ewiggin
    Options
    I have the MyFitnessPal app on my Android phone and am tracking my calories religiously. I have one cheat day a week where I eat whatever I want; this helps to keep your metabolism up and burning. I go to water aerobics 2-3 times a week, where I used to be the only guy but I think I've started a trend and now there are usually about 3-4 other guys now. I also added in Yoga on Tuesdays that I attend with my wife. This is the toughest class I've ever had and were are both karate black-belts. I also remember to get plenty of rest in between exercises so my body can heal and recover.

I suggest skimming the "4 Hour Body" book and taking from it what you need. The author is a little crazy in that he did all sorts of experiments on himself to see what works and what didn't.

The best part of this journey is the fact I've got my wife interested and she's now going to the gym with me. She hardly needs to lose weight but being an RN she doesn't take care of herself because she is too busy worried about her patients.

Take care and good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!