7lbs lost since wednesday???

Options
I find it hard to believe i can have lost this much so fast, i do zumba for an hour everyday but 7lbs seems like a dream not reality!!! I only started Zumba on wednesday!!! I checked my weight yesterday and was -6 and today another -1...crazy

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    That's great. Make sure you're eating enough. 7 pounds in the beginning is great but you want to lose at a rate of 1-2 pounds a week after that.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well done with the weight loss! However, to lose 7lb of body fat through any exercise you would need to burn 24,500 calories...
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    If you've only just started, it could just be a loss of water weight and bloating. Don't worry about it, just be thankful! :D
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    Yep the first few weeks are awesome even if it is water its still weight i lost 9.5 since tues :)
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do feel less bloated so im sure it is that but it has given me more motivation to continue so its awesome!

Congrats juldga...thats great :)
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, some of that weight is probably water weight, especially if you changed what you eat also. When you eat carbs your body can retain more water, as you shift to eating more fruits and vegetables along with lean protein you carry less weight.
    This happens dramatically when on diets like Atkins and south beach, where when you start you lose 5 to 7 lbs in the first 4 days. The problem when you go off diet, you gain 5 lbs in about a day (all water).
    So good luck with your weight loss but you didn't lose 7 lbs of fat. Keep working hard and your cloths will fit better and you'll feel better.
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I dont mind that it is not 7lbs of fat because i know that will take longer and i am so sure its the change in diet and especially cutting out bread because that would make me feel so bloated, now that i dont feel so huge i can focus even more on burning fat ^^