new from canada

Options
Hi my sister from montana told me bout this site and 2nd day I think its wonderful! I'm 44 yrs old 5'2' and 176lbs....wait! 175 today :happy: I work a crap load of hrs prob 70-90 hrs per wk and my eating habits suck. Always on the go, no time to sit and eat a proper meal and the only exercise I get is running around for others. Any how, I've recently been diagnosed with arthristis in my spine and angina. Pretty sad at 44. Gave the kick in the *kitten* I needed cuz I'm on a mission now. Quit smoking, joined a gym and on a low cholestrol diet. My sons father died at 47 with a massive heart attack and I refuse to have him loose his mum. Think I'll get the support here I need to make this happen. My Goal is to live to I'm at least 80. I still have lots to give damn it! and think its time others took care of me for once.

Luv you Sis

Replies

• SharronF
    Options
    Hello, welcome to our world. I have been here a short while and the support I get from all the people I have met on here is wonderful. My only piece of advice for you today is to stop and make time to eat. I have done shift work for many years and my eating habits got way out of control but now I stop and make my time to eat properly. I could say you could slow down with your work but I have no idea what you do and you may be needed for all those hours. Good luck with your calorie counting and I wish you well. You can add me as a friend if you like :)
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I've only been using the site for a week but I love it. I'm using it to lose weight and my husand is using it to gain weight! I'm not that overweight because I started training with a personal trainer two years ago and I've got the fitness bug now, but I still have poor eating habits and I eat badly when 'm tired.I've always been a couple of stone more than I should be and I'm sick of it so that's why I'm here. I'm the same age as you.I have two kids and I work so I know how hard it is to eat properly, but one thing I do each Sunday is make up a big bowl of fruit salad and some healthy sandwich fillings which saves a lot of time in the week.
    I'm really happy to support you, you can add me as a friend if you want to. Don't be put off by my username, it's a team name for a big challenge I'm doing in July. I'm walking with 3 other women the length of the South Downs in Sussex. We have to walk 100k in 30 hours and we're all training hard.We're raising money for Oxfam. There are 2 oldies (ie our age!) and 2 youngsters in their 20s.
    Anyway, best of luck, you really can do it:-)