For the Ladies.....( about TOM)

strandedeyes
strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Hey

TOM has arrived and all I want to do is eat poorly. Since that isn't an option I would like to venture, what are some great comfort foods that you eat to get you through these times? Should I up an nutrients during this time or just do what I do daily in general?

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    I haven't dealt with this yet. So I am looking forward to some of the answers. I loveeee ice cream, so I drink the Yoplait Smoothies you buy in the frozen section...not ice cream, but it works! Maybe that will help?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Drink lots of water. When you feel a craving, drink a glass of water first. That will help keep you from overeating. It will also help keep the bloating to a minimum.

I do allow myself to go slightly over for one day during that time, because there's one day that I feel hungry all day. But if I go over, it's due to eating healthy things -- extra protein, calcium, and iron, that kind of thing. Maybe an extra helping of a healthy dinner or something. Not junk. Eating the junk just makes you feel crappier in the long run anyway, which then drives you to eat more because you're trying to get the nutrients you need. Make sure you get that extra calcium -- it helps with the mood swings and cramps.
  • Try something like vanilla greek Yogurt and strawberries. It feels really rich but is not the same sort of disaster as reaching for icecream.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    My hunger is always greater at that time. I had a hysterectomy but still have my ovaries so I get PMS cravings every now and then. I try to find healthy alternatives to what I'm craving. I'll eat a yummy yogurt, have a hot chocolate, eat popcorn, etc. I also have to drink a lot of water because I tend to eat more sodium and carry a little extra fluid.
  • i allowed myself one reece cup as a reward and it was all i needed to get rid of my craving for chocolate and junk
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    I was trying to figure out who in the Hell "Tom" was and then read a few posts. I should have heeded the first part of the post "For the Ladies"...Curiosity killed the cat (or the stupid dude)...LOL.
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    usually when I am craving a sweet I will eat fruit, yogurt, or drink water. If I'm out and about I will stop and get my some frozen yogurt! I've become obsessed with the stuff! (Also because it's cheap)

Sometimes ifI have nutella at home I will eat that with pineapples. If you keep within the serving of Nutella it's not that bad for you and works for a sweet snack.

I try to stay away from eating too much chocolate things just because it brings my chocoholic out and I start searching for chocolate! ha!
This discussion has been closed.