weekend eating

Options
2»

Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    If you find that you overindulge on the weekends, move your weekly weighin to Saturday or Sunday morning. If you know that you have to face the scale it should help you be more mindful.

If you are a planner/type A person, the others who've mentioned planning in advance have a good idea as well. If you know you're going out Friday night (especially if you expect to be having alcohol with dinner or that evening), make a "preemptive strike" by going lighter on breakfast/lunch and/or bulking up on the workout earlier in the day. Honestly, I've found that going over my macros one day isn't going to keep me from dropping weight during the weekly weighin unles I string several of them together.

TLDR: Weigh in mid-weekend, plan extra workouts or lighter meals before high calorie day, if you fall off, fix it the next day.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You could just give yourself an extra 500 calories when you know you'll really appreciate it. Even if you did that once or twice a week, you're still eating at a deficit. Then try to get in a little extra activity.
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I tend to 'save up' for the weekends. During the week I'll only eat back a little bit of my exercise calories, and at the weekend I eat back all of my exercise calories. People say that mfp tends to overestimate calories burned, so I average out at eating back about half.

Work for me!
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I actually eat way better on weekends. I focus on high protein and good fruity snacks, and Since each wednesday I think of the amazing dishes I'm going to cook. With everything planned it is much easier not to throw the week's success out of the window. Do you track on weekends?