What is your earliest memory of being called fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Age 5 in kindergarten. I had long wavy dirty blonde hair and was about 75lbs then, so a girl named Erin thought I looked like Miss Piggy and nicknamed me so.:grumble: In that same year we were playing the rhyming name and I was embarrassed and sad when someone jokingly said Tabby Flabby and everyone laughed (even the teacher had to catch herself). I also remember my mom complaining constantly when I was little that my "big bubble butt" made it so I could not share a wardrobe with my sisters and she hated having to buy me bigger sizes when money was tight.

In high school I moved back in here to discover lil Erin had gained weight over the years was literally so big she sat across 2 stools at the lunch table. I was shocked, but you know what-- i didn't need to say anything to her-- and said to myself what goes around comes around. And as for my butt I accept it. I will always have junk in the trunk cause that is how I'm built-- just as long as the scale keeps going down and I am a smaller version on my body type I am fine:smile:
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was always considered "big boned", as a kid growing up i cant say i was fat, i was bigger than my sister who was skinny. I can recall i was very active and love to play alot. As i grew up i had a round end but in jamaica thats considered sexy so i did not feel fat. I came to this country and omg it's all about diets and being fat. I did gr8 until i started driving, there are still ppl who will say you dont need to lose weight but being 226lbs on a 5" 6" frame is unhealthy especially when i was on the verge of diabetes & hypertension. I got even smarter once i started nursing school and see all the risks i'm putting myself at being overwgt. The most important thing for me on this journey is to be healthy; by the way the dr had prescribed diabetes meds and blood pressure pills which i've beaten both. 2day i'm down to 195lbs with 20 more to go. GOOD LUCK EVERY1, 4get about those mindless ppl and look at it to keep you motivated
  • rnd789
    rnd789 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I was in third grade, I dressed as a genie for Halloween, so my belly was showing. There was a picture of myself and a friend of mine in class, and I was showing it to my mom's best friend. She said something like, "Oh, you're getting a little belly there, aren't ya?" After that, I went home and cut the picture in half because I was so embarrassed.