Hello - looking for support friends!

Options
Hi

My name is Bronte and I live in London, England.

I found this app for my iphone and I've not looked back: I find this is such a good way to keep track and that I no longer cheat on my diets (which I used to do. A lot).

I used to weigh 63 kg before I had my two kids. That's around 139 lb. Suddenly at Xmas I weighed myself and I was 187 lb - 85kg. How did THAT happen? When? No wonder my trousers did not fit anymore.

So, the Xmas weight came off quickly and I've now been counting since 1 Jan. I'm now at 77.5 kg which is 169. The thing is - now it gets REALLY tough because I suffer from PCOS which makes it so very hard for my body to lose weight due to hormone imbalances. I'm taking Metformin to regulate the blood sugar. To make matters worse, I'm a chef and I bake cakes for a living. HA! I'm surrounded by temptation every single day.

I think I need some support now to do this. I still have 12 kilos to go - thats almost 25 lb - and I am fearing I've started to bore my friends and even kids with counting calories.

Any nice people out there with similar stories? Let me know. I'm not really sure how this friend request thing works - by posting this have I added a request?

Thanks

Replies

• elischanicole13
    Options
    You wont bore me with counting calories! I know how you feel like your life revolves around how much you've ate... I'll add you so you dont have to worry about that but to add someone click on their picture and it will take you to their profile and click to add them! Thats it! I'll keep you as motivated as possible if you do the same for me! Have a good Sunday!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I also have PCOS and now take Metformin. I joined about 1 1/2 weeks ago and find this site very supportive. I will send you a friend request.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hi, and welcome!!! I think you will find great support here! feel free to add me as a friend so we can support eachother!!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bronte! You are in the right place. There are tons of friendly, supportive and knowledgeable people here. I've sent you a friend request. Good luck reaching all your goals!!
  • jillcaudill
    jillcaudill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'll be glad to add you. :D The more support the better. Good luck!
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck to you and if you'd like to add me I'd be more than happy to be apart of your support system! :flowerforyou:
  • elischanicole13
    Options
    I am always looking for supportive active friends so anyone feel free to add me!