Help with Calories

simple12call
simple12call Posts: 3
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I started my lifestyle change about 2 weeks ago and weighed-in 10 lbs lighter on my first weigh-in last wednesday. Good start. I have my calories at 1500 and have been under the last few days but don't feel the weight loss. Got on the scale today just to check a little early and have lost nothing since wednesday. I just noticed my fat/protien is in the red on a few days. Would this be causing the standstill. I just dropped my Calories to 1350 a day thinking that might help. I am new and just trying some tweaking.
Any thoughts.
Thanks Scott

Replies

• ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    I have more or less stuck to my 1500 calories and have lost 4lb in 5 days. 10lb in your first week was massive , so dont be disheartened, your body works in mysterious ways. As long as you eat less than you burn it will happen, I dont think the protien excess will matter, after all thats how the atkins diet works.

Keep at it and try and eat all your calories otherwise your metabolism slows down.
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    I don't think the fat and protein being in the red would cause the stand still since you are still within or under your total calories allowed.

I adjusted my net calorie goal. I thought it was too high. I lowered it. I am also trying to bump up the exercise too. By doing that it will bump up your metabolism. I also increased my fat/protein from MFP's setting. I think it might be too low. I am doing 40 carb/30 protein/30 fat. Our bodies NEED fat and protein.

Just don't give up. Check your measurements, not the scale. The scale is not my friend and I am not relying on it anymore. As long as you are eating healthy and exercising, the weight will start falling off again.

Kelly
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    You need to eat at least the number of protein MFP has you programmed at; however, feel free to eat much more protein, especially lean or extra lean protein--its good for you. Way better than those carbs.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Ok so lets start with some basics:

1) Choose 1 day a week to weigh in- Don't weigh in other days of the week. Your day to day weight fluctuates too much for this to be fruitful. Choose 1 day, wake up, relieve yourself, hop on the scale. Either use

2) First weigh ins are almost all water weight- which is a good start, but that pace will not keep up. Take a min now to adjust your mind to 1-2 lbs a week. Also, relize now there will be weeks you do not lose at all. They will happen. Prepare for them now :wink:

3) 1350 is NOT enough calories for a guy. Put your goal back at 1500. Better yet, do the "guided" goals set up and choose 1.5 lbs/wk.

4) If you are exercising, remember to try to keep your NET calories as close to your "goal" calories as possible. On your home page, there should be an equation GOAL FOOD - EXERCISE = NET. Goal and Net, try to get'em within 100 of each other.

5) 100 lbs did not magically appear overnight. It will not come off in a month or two. This is going to be a long journey of learning to eat better in content and proportion. Don't rush to the finish line, you'll tire out quickly. Instead of focusing on your weight each day or multiple times a week- set Non Scale goals for yourself and concentrate on making those. Let healthier life style take prominence and the weightloss will follow

Best of luck on your journey, Scott. Feel free to friend me if you need support.

~Gonks
  • Thanks all... Just need to slow down a little. Maybe i have watched to many weight loss shows and think it just is going to fly off me. Would be nice :)
This discussion has been closed.