I need support friends

Options
Hello my name is Shelley and i am once again trying to lose weight. I weigh 253 lbs. , when i started this journy a year ago i weighed 269lbs. So as you can tell i have had some success but lots of failure. I am once again focused and ready and hope i can make a difference this time. I just need some support and motivation. I live in iowa and work in fast food , yea i know that's a bad thing but believe me i've worked there for 11 yrs so i really don't care for the food any more. Well once and while i will get a taste for the breakfast food and thats when all hell breaks lose and i fall off the train. I end up gaining some weight back and hating myself. And it getting harder and harder to pull myself out of it........Hope to find some good people with some good tips and tricks..........Thanks Shelley

Replies

• ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good Luck on your journey! :smile:
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can be my friend and I will support you :)
    You already know you can do it...now it's just doing it! Best of luck!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hey hon. There are a lot of great people here for support and good ideas. We can support each other.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. Support is necessary to continue through rough times. :smile:
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley!

I used to work in the fast food industry and believe it or not, that's where I lost over 90 lbs! Being "Over" the food definitely helps, but I do understand getting that little craving once in a while. My trick was to have just a little.. JUST a little and actually build my day around it so that I would adjust my food intake for the rest of the day accordingly. I know its difficult to have JUST a little, but that's the struggles of losing weight and lifestyle change. Willpower is hard to come by and a valuable trait. Once you've overcome your craving a few times it does get easier to avoid, it does get easier, I promise!

Now, all that being said I got out of the food industry and over a 5 year time period I managed to put back in about 30 of those lbs. Part of that difference was sitting behind a desk all day. Keep in mind in the food biz, you're on your feet all day and that does help give you an edge with activity. I'm now fighting to get those 30 lbs back off and I know I can do it!!

If you would like to have another person to bounce things off of, feel free to add me as a friend!!!

Tracey
  • tap1964
    tap1964 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think you are being to hard on yourself. We all fall off the wagon now and then and we all cheat on our diets. The thing you need to concentrate on is that you are slowly losing weight. If you just keep with it you'll eventually reach your goals. So what if it takes longer then expected. I have the issue, when I cheat with food then I feel guilty and I'll go eat for comfort. Find out what is causing you to cheat, and just keep trying. I know you can make it because you want to.