What Vitamin's & Supplements..

Options
Hello everyone :) Thanks for taking a moment to look at this. I would like to start adding some vitamin's and supplements to my daily routine. There were so many choices it was OVERWHELMING!! So I thought I would drop a quick line to see what everyone is using and why? Thanks so much! Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I take B100 complex and flax seed oil for energy and mood, potassium, One-a-Day Women's, calcium, and a D2000 supplement to help ward off SAD.

** Coming back to add -- someone just PMed me with a concern, and it's a valid one, so I want to address it here: talk to your doctor before taking supplements. Some health concerns can be exacerbated by taking supplements, so you need to get a doctor's approval before taking anything over the counter. Not everyone has the same needs, and you need to make sure your doctor doesnt' have any concerns before starting on a supplement regimen.
  • michelex200
    Options
    I take Vitamin D3 (I am a breast cancer survivor and think all women should take this) and CoQ10 and a multivitamin. I think I am going to add Fish Oil too.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xxjessikatxx
    Options
    bump
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    One-A-Day Women's Active Metabolism
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I take a women's one a day, D3 to help with SAD and a B complex for energy. I'm thinking about adding Flaxseed oil as well.

Good luck!!
  • Scncartist
    Options
    I actually asked my doctor this very same question yesterday. Minus specific supplements she told me that any multivitamin would work, specific brands didn't matter. She did, however, tell me to pick one with added iron since I am anemic.

Hope this helps!
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump:-)
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    My diary is public and you can see what Vitamins I take daily listed on there. I have always had problems with my blood as I was born a blue blooded baby(weird I know). I have always been considered anemic and so starting my Carlson Blood Nutrients has been so good for me.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Women's one a day
    calcium with vit D (caltrate)
    Vitamin C (I have an auto immune issue, so avoiding colds is really important for me)
    B12 (I don't eat a lot of meat and this is primarily found in animal products and is supposed to help with fat breakdown)

I started vitamins about two years ago after my auto-immune issue began to rear its ugly head and I have been a big advocate ever since. I really do feel like they help. I used to take a handful of various vitamins, but streamlined to these.

Good luck!

:)
  • grumpyswife123
    Options
    women's one a day
    B complex for energy and mood:smile:
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin D3 (I am a breast cancer survivor and think all women should take this) and CoQ10 and a multivitamin. I think I am going to add Fish Oil too.

I'm a strong advocate for taking vitamins. I take 2 Vitamin D3, 1 Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc and 2 Vitamin C's daily. My family has been free of colds and flu since taking vitamins daily.
  • mzoe60
    mzoe60 Posts: 11
    Options
    I take an ester-C, 2 vitamin B's and 2 vitamins A&D twice a day. Ester-C for overall health, B's for stress management, converts food into energy, helps absorb iron, and A&D for eyes and immune health as well as calcium absorption, because I don't get a lot of calcium in my diet.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I take a women's one a day multivitamin as well a flax seed oil pill ( I don't eat fish).