I lost my motivation

Options
I had been doing really well. I lost 10 pounds but then things started getting really stressful at work and I gained it all back! I was so motivated in the beginning. This is my same MO as always. I had such hope that it would be different this time.:grumble: I have started back with using MFP and have been lifting weights at the gym with a friend but how do you guys keep from letting stress from work or anything else affect your progress? I know that I eat when I am overwhelmed or I feel like I have no control in my environment. I don't want to do this anymore! HELP, what have you guys done to help with this issue......

Replies

• btingle89
    btingle89 Posts: 13
    Options
    I had been doing really well. I lost 10 pounds but then things started getting really stressful at work and I gained it all back! I was so motivated in the beginning. This is my same MO as always. I had such hope that it would be different this time.:grumble: I have started back with using MFP and have been lifting weights at the gym with a friend but how do you guys keep from letting stress from work or anything else affect your progress? I know that I eat when I am overwhelmed or I feel like I have no control in my environment. I don't want to do this anymore! HELP, what have you guys done to help with this issue......
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you have to eat food when your stressed or overwhelmed, switch to really low calorie things.

I usually use baby carrots, celery, uncooked beans, grapes, and I LOVE rice cakes! I could eat so many of them and I will feel full, but never got THAT many calories.

STAY away from the high calorie - happy foods (Candy, Chocolate, Desserts, Fast Food).

You can do this!

Remember also that if you are doing strength training, there will be points that you dont lose weight cause your GAINING muscle! THAT is a good thing! Use a measurement system of measuring your waist, thighs, etc and see the improvement!

I bet you will also find out that if you stick to this, losing those 10lbs will be easier this time than it was before! Especially if you have more muscle on your side which burns more calories during the day!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    It happens to me, and I guess to everybody else here. Nobody can be motivated all the time. Best answer I have is to go to the gym anyway. Maybe you will not go as much as before, but go. Your motivation WILL come back after a while. If you stay passive, don't do anything and stop working to your goal that adds to the negative feelings and makes it worse.
  • btingle89
    Options
    that makes sense. I have a mini fridge that I think would be good to take to work. That way I can stock up on things like carrots and celery and leave them at work for easy access. Thanks for the ideas!
  • btingle89
    Options
    It happens to me, and I guess to everybody else here. Nobody can be motivated all the time. Best answer I have is to go to the gym anyway. Maybe you will not go as much as before, but go. Your motivation WILL come back after a while. If you stay passive, don't do anything and stop working to your goal that adds to the negative feelings and makes it worse.

Thank you!