Things to do with Avocado

Options
So, what do people do with Avocado? I have been considering using it, but other that guacamole, I don't know much else to do with it.

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Depends on who you ask...haha...sorry, couldn't help it. For some more constructive ideas...see below..

http://www.avocado.org/recipes/
  • Andromeda5000
    Options
    I have avocado on toast with a boiled egg.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I like grilled chicken and avocado wraps,I do them on the george forman grill.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain when I need extra calories
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Sliced on salad or sandwich

Mashed up and used as a sandwich spread
  • suzannewelsh
    suzannewelsh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    put avocado pieces with salad and crab meat!!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Love to eat it with a little lime, salt and pepper, yum!!! You could also add it to salads, slice it up put on a hamburger or chicken sandwich.
  • ready2glow
    Options
    Definately add to salads for extra calories and fat. Homemade guacamole on wraps is so good with tuna, chicken, or even lunch meat.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sliced on sandwiches or salad are my fave. i also put a super yummy Avocado Smoothie recipe on MFP under "recipes". Check it out!
  • nukehiker
    Options
    i slice it, then sprinkle a little sea salt on it
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    We us avocado on wraps, on our fajitas and as a little snack with Dorothy Lynch dressing. Very good.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I put it in my salad. I also make a BLA sandwich. I use veggie bacon, (you could use turkey bacon) lettuce and avocado on a sandwich. Yummy.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I substitute my margarine on toast or sandwiches for avacado. You can also make a salad with avacado or just eat it on its own
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    slice and eat plain
    slice/mash and eat on whole grain toast
    slice/chunk and put in salads or on sandwiches/wraps
    make small chunks and add to salsa without blending like guacamole

I like to mix a little hidden valley ranch powder in about 1/2 cup of yogurt and make a low cal dressing which you can dip into or mash avocado and mix with yogurt dressing then pour over salad (much more satisfying than the 1-2T of real dressing you can have)

Eating avocados is relatively new to me so I'm looking for new ways to incorporate them too. This is just what I've done off the hip.
  • MuseumMonkey
    Options
    Mashed avocado on pumpernickel with bacon bits, cheese and hot sauce is one of my favorite breakfasts if I know I'm going to have an active morning. Pretty high in calories but it will keep me full for hours!
  • xerinx2011
    Options
    I love prawns and avocardo together, mix with a lil bit of greek yogurt and lemon juice... mmm tasty! Served with either a jacket potato or just a salad either way its good!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas!:flowerforyou:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    Wonderful ideas that will allow me to incorporate some Avocado in my diet.
  • sharper43
    Options
    Everything! I chop those babies up and put them on almost everything. I freaking love avocados!
  • simplywriting
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE avocado and sadly would add it to almost anything. haha okay so maybe not everything. But anyway, I add chopped avocado to my salads, I add it to tuna or chicken wraps, obviously I use it for guacamole, but avocado is mild so if you throw it in almost anything, its pretty tasty.
    I also spread it on toast with chopped tomatoes and sprouts, and I really could go on an on. I use it in a healthier version of deviled eggs.....
    Plus, that site she posted up there, has great ideas. Also if you are looking for more recipes, just type in recipes using avocado and bypass all the guacamole ones.