June 25th Runner's Club

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
Morning!

Just brewing my coffee....yaaaaawn! lol:drinker:

woke up w/ a slight headache....but I hope the coffee will make that go bye bye! I really want to get out for my run, but need to wait til its gone...running and headaches don't go well in my books lol:noway:

well...I'll be back...I'm thinking maybe a 3 mile run today AND then 5 miles on Thursday....but we'll see!

hugs and happy running/resting/or other day! lmbo

Ali :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    Morning!

Just brewing my coffee....yaaaaawn! lol:drinker:

woke up w/ a slight headache....but I hope the coffee will make that go bye bye! I really want to get out for my run, but need to wait til its gone...running and headaches don't go well in my books lol:noway:

well...I'll be back...I'm thinking maybe a 3 mile run today AND then 5 miles on Thursday....but we'll see!

hugs and happy running/resting/or other day! lmbo

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Today is a rest day for me.:drinker:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Good morning. My Father's Day present arrived in the mail yesterday. My family gave me the P90X workout dvds. Have any of you seen these infomercials? They are a series of intense workouts that are supposed to transform me into a Greek god in a mere 90 days of 6x/wk workouts...if I buy their supplements, follow their diet etc, etc.

I want to warn you now that if they do 1/2 of what they claim, I am posting pics! Middle age man beefcakes are so attractive. I will make you all forget Ty and Beckham. Well a man has to have a dream.

I am doing baseline fitness testing and taking "before" pictures today. I will start the program tomorrow.

Good running to all!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I ran 5 miles this morning. My legs felt really heavy, I wonder if the pizza I had last night has anything to do with it. :blushing:

Have a great day!
    Mireille :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Good morning. My Father's Day present arrived in the mail yesterday. My family gave me the P90X workout dvds. Have any of you seen these infomercials? They are a series of intense workouts that are supposed to transform me into a Greek god in a mere 90 days of 6x/wk workouts...if I buy their supplements, follow their diet etc, etc.

I want to warn you now that if they do 1/2 of what they claim, I am posting pics! Middle age man beefcakes are so attractive. I will make you all forget Ty and Beckham. Well a man has to have a dream.

I am doing baseline fitness testing and taking "before" pictures today. I will start the program tomorrow.

Good running to all!

I watch those infomercials all the time. Everyone looks ripped!! I can't wait to hear how your first workout was like. Good luck!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    jd - Make sure you check with your cardiologist before taking any of those supplements! /nag :happy:

Mireille - I thought about you this morning, glad you got out! :drinker:

Hope your headache's gone away, Ali! :heart: You're a awesome runner, but don't forget to give your legs a break once in awhile! :wink:

I'm planning on going after my dentist's appt this afternoon. I'll be running like this ----> :bigsmile:

Happy running! :smooched:
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    jd - Make sure you check with your cardiologist before taking any of those supplements! /nag :happy:

Hope your headache's gone away, Ali! :heart: You're a awesome runner, but don't forget to give your legs a break once in awhile! :wink:

I'm planning on going after my dentist's appt this afternoon. I'll be running like this ----> :bigsmile:

• jdtrainer
    Options

Shannon- Thanks for the advice. I did not buy any of their supplements. They are not happy with just selling the dvds. They want to upsell ,upsell, upsell. Supplements, vitamins,resistance bands, push up stands, exercise mats, the list goes on and on.
  • Mireille
    Options

Shannon- Thanks for the advice. I did not buy any of their supplements. They are not happy with just selling the dvds. They want to upsell ,upsell, upsell. Supplements, vitamins,resistance bands, push up stands, exercise mats, the list goes on and on.

That is so true. I love beach body products but I really hate ordering their stuff for that reason. Even if you order on-line you get about 1000 pop ups to order other things. Very annoying!
  • ali106
    Options
    well run is done!!! yay!

4 miles...It was great running weather so I went for it....lol
    glad its over though ...I won't lie! lol

OH Jd...I love those commercials too...and you betta post them pics mr.!!! I'm already thinking Ty who? lol...shhh don't tell him lol

Shannon...you mean your smile is going to be even MORE dazzling??? *swoon*.....oh drat....you belong to Fatsis and Soup anyway....whatever!:angry:

Mireille, I've felt that way tooo many times....lead legs stink...lol It will pass honey! lol

Kech...have a nice resting day!

hope you all enjoy your days...gotta bolt now for workie-poo...yikes!:ohwell:

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Shannon023
    Options

That is so true. I love beach body products but I really hate ordering their stuff for that reason. Even if you order on-line you get about 1000 pop ups to order other things. Very annoying!

The diet center I joined last year kept pushing their pills too. I stopped taking them in January & would just lie to them & tell them I was still taking them. :smokin:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am going running this afternoon weather permitting. I am really hoping that it isn't too hot and miserable. I really want to get a run in today because I won't have as much time tomorrow morning because it is promotion release day so I will have to wait to start running until after the announcement.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Good running to all!
    [/quote

BRING IT ON MY FRIEND!! We need more inspiration in the form of the male anatomy around here!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    well run is done!!! yay!

4 miles...It was great running weather so I went for it....lol
    glad its over though ...I won't lie! lol

Ali - you are doing great!! you have been on it everyday girl - way to stick with it!! :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Running buddies!!!

Slow on the posts lately due to this annoying job of mine!!

did my strength training last night but whimped out on the run afterwards - no excuse, just laziness!

ate a nice light dinner though and stayed comfortably in my calories....

tonight - I haven't received my email from the coach yet, so I don't know how far we are running tonight - but weather is good - no hail storms predicted! :drinker: So, hopefully it is at least 5 miles since we only did 3 on Monday.

Have a great day all!!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Too smoky from all the fires in our area so I ran/walked on the treadmill 40 minutes. Hope it clears up by Saturday. My new "No Boundaries" club starts that morning and I will begin training to run a 5K. So far I have been alternating walking with running but my goal is to be able to run the whole thing! Yikes:embarassed: Seems like a lofty goal but you all are my inspiration!
    Bunny
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Too smoky from all the fires in our area so I ran/walked on the treadmill 40 minutes. Hope it clears up by Saturday. My new "No Boundaries" club starts that morning and I will begin training to run a 5K. So far I have been alternating walking with running but my goal is to be able to run the whole thing! Yikes:embarassed: Seems like a lofty goal but you all are my inspiration!
    Bunny

Go Bunny! 19.gif
    Go Bunny!
    Wear your face mask..
    when your runnin'! 19.gif
    Go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o Bunny!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Just got back from a 7-mile run. :embarassed: Again, I tip my hat to you warm weather runners, it kicks my butt running in the heat!!! :sick:

And I REALLY need to remember to wash my eye makeup off before I run in the afternoons! That cr@p stings like the devil!!! :mad:
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    I went to my cardiologist this morning for a follow up after wearing the Holter monitor for 24 hours last week. There are still a few arrhythmias, but nothing out of the ordinary.

He was more concerned about my low heart rate. My heart rate went as low as 35bpm in the middle of the night. I told him that I am a runner and have always had a low resting heart rate, even before heart problems. He said he forgot that I was running so much and that could be the cause. Yeah running! He also said that I can come off of the blood thinner (Plavix) after my next stress test in September. Again hooray for running! I plan on burning up that treadmill at the next stress test and I will tell them it is because of all the support and inspiration at MFP that I was able to out run their machine.:laugh:

I will report in tomorrow about my P90X workout.