Thanksgiving Challenge - Fitness Check in ~November 11

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Good morning! I sure hope that everyone is still exercising, even if you aren't checking in. Only 11 more days until Thanksgiving! YOU can do this! :happy:

Yesterday, I took my boys to a little kids carnival and walked for at least half an hour (I would assume more but that's the amount of time I counted) and I rode my bike for 16 minutes (I needed a few more calories for the day, thus the 16 instead of 15). My weight loss is slightly stalled with a 1/2 lb loss each of the last 2 weeks so I'm feeling slightly frustrated instead of extra motivated as I should be. Not sure what I need to do in order to get back up to a 1 to 2 lb loss per week - I'm going to be FAR from my previously realistic goal I set for myself before I see all of the family at Christmas.

[Okay - pity party over - I'm supposed to be motivating here! :ohwell: ]

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ EVERYONE!!! :flowerforyou:
Let's keep exercising and pushing each other to do all that we can do, together!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I sure hope that everyone is still exercising, even if you aren't checking in. Only 11 more days until Thanksgiving! YOU can do this! :happy:

Yesterday, I took my boys to a little kids carnival and walked for at least half an hour (I would assume more but that's the amount of time I counted) and I rode my bike for 16 minutes (I needed a few more calories for the day, thus the 16 instead of 15). My weight loss is slightly stalled with a 1/2 lb loss each of the last 2 weeks so I'm feeling slightly frustrated instead of extra motivated as I should be. Not sure what I need to do in order to get back up to a 1 to 2 lb loss per week - I'm going to be FAR from my previously realistic goal I set for myself before I see all of the family at Christmas.

[Okay - pity party over - I'm supposed to be motivating here! :ohwell: ]

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ EVERYONE!!! :flowerforyou:
    Let's keep exercising and pushing each other to do all that we can do, together!
    Niccole
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Niccole,
    You are doing great. Just keep it going. Remember when your exercising, you are building muscle, so sometimes the weight you lost won't show on the scale. Keep up the great work, and the postive attitude. 1-2 pounds a week is amazing.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You are still sticking with it which is the most important thing to remember.

Maybe you already know this, but I read in a newsletter that if you over eat once a week (like 500 cals above normal) that it may jump start your metabolism again. Your body gets used to only burning the 1200 cals you eat a day. Plus you get to eat something fun once a week!

I haven't specifically tried it yet because I am never right on my target anyway. I am usually 200 cals over or under depending on excercise which is fine with me.

Good luck. :glasses:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Thanks for coming back Nicole!

Yesterday I went for a walk around the lake (54 minutes). I went a little over on my calories, but I was a little under the day before (when I burned over 800 calories). On Friday, I felt like I worked at a gym, I exercised so much. I was getting ready for a special dinner, then it turned out this fancy place served healthy small portions. I had a decent sized desert though.

I wouldn't call 1/2 lb a week stalled, but if you can do a different exercise with your ankle, than you have been doing, that usually helps. Intervals help me get to the next level.

Today is 2 separate walks and strength training.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yesterday - 20 minute walk with dog - too yucky to do much more - wind and rain; 10 minutes on the bike, 20 minute program on the elliptical and strength training for ? Didn't time it, just do it. lol

I find it is a lot harder to get motivated to work out in my own home. Keeping track of calories helps me to make sure I get enough in. I make sure I have enough calories left over for the evening to have my snack of baked cheetos mini bites - 100 calories per bag, fudgsicle, or tomato basil rice cakes.

Niccole, I second all the comments here. You have been working out - so your body will be changing its toned areas! Hang in there!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1 hr and 15 min power vinyasa yoga class this morning. It was so great! I went over last night on my calories... too much wine!!! It makes me do crazy things like EAT TOO MUCH!!! :smile:

Oh well, today's a new day.