I WILL socceed this time!

Options
Hello forum, new member here, and really loving the site setup! I really enjoy readong all of your updates and progress stories.

As for me, I\m 5'1", 26 years old, and my starting weight this time is 165.
I was typically comfortable a few years back being at 125-130 or so, until I turned 19, started partying and drinking. We only drank once a week when we went out to the club, but eventually it started to catch up to me along with the fast-food.

I stayed pretty even at 140 for a while, until my last relationship began circling the drain and I drank even more to deal with it. At one point he even mentioned to me not long before we actually did break up that I had "definitely gained some weight". Next thing I knew, we were broken up, and I was getting drunk 3-4 times a week and not paying any attention whatsoever to what I was eating. Eventually I blew up to my heaviest at 170 and didn't really notice until I looked a little closer at pictures of myself and I was horrified.

Ever since then, my self-esteem has been horrible, I have tons of clothing I no longer fit into, and I just really, really dislike the way I look.

About a year and a half ago I joined a gym and tried to drop some weight, but of course the drinking was counteracting any working out I was doing, and I was seeing no results. I gave up and dropped out. But this time it's different.

I've got my gym buddy, one of my best friends, and I've got a plan.

My best best friend's wedding is in June, and I'm her MOH. I bought a gorgeous dress that I want to feel happy and confident in when the date comes. I'm getting rid of this weight!

I've stopped drinking the way I used to, and my friend & I hit the gym every day for about two hours. We started on Monday, and tomorrow is weigh-in number one! I can feel the difference in me already, and I'm so excited to continue. :):):)

Thank you all for posting your awesome stories and helping to keep me encouraged! :D

Replies

• mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Congrats on getting back on track and it's great to have a buddy there with you to help along the way.
    Be sure to take your measurements as well. Remember to not get discouraged if the number on the scale does not go down as much as you hoped or at all which is why it's important to take your measurements because you will still be losing inches.
    Good luck.
  • jjjuuunnniiieee
    Options
    Thanks!
    I definitely did take measurements, which I'm going to check tomorrow as well. :)

And I just realized I have a spelling error in the subject hahaha.