Vitamin questions?

Options
I was taking a zinc once a day in the mornings. When I forgot them a few times I decided to buy a bottle for the office, and grabbed a different brand at the store just down from my office.

I love my Spring Valley Zinc! My nails were growing nicely, and I just plain felt better, I got in to the habit of taking the Zinc at work since I must eat something with it, or it totally flips my stomach inside out! ICK! So after gradually my nails became brittle and I was not feeling the effects. So I quit taking them. I started taking the ones at home and the effects were almost instant.

I get the feeling that the Zinc I bought for the office is either total garbage, or I am just not absorbing it as well for some reason. Is this a common occurrence?

Also I bought fish oil supplements today. I heard they are GREAT with joints! I am tired of clicking, popping, and feeling my joints more than the burn of exercise. I am reading more on this now, but would love to hear personal experiences with use of fish oil supplements.

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I would talk to a registered dietician. They are the only people specialized in nutrition, and what vitamins and minerals you need...and why some seem to work and not the others.

Good luck!
  • Rzimmermano
    Options
    I have been taking fish oil for the last two years. Fish oil has done wonders for me. It has improved my joints, hair, nails and skin. Just make sure and buy one that is pricey, you pay for what you get, and spending more on a vitamin pays off. Get it from either a chiropractors office or an organic food store. Hope this helps.