Weight Loss Tattoo Ideas

Options
My wife and I began our journey to lose weight and have done really well in the first five weeks. I am down 34 pounds and my wife is down 27. We were thinking about rewards for when we are done and have thrown around the idea of getting a tattoo. I have two one on each bicep and my wife has a small one. We still have a way to go until we reach our goal, but we have been trying to think up a tattoo that is both motivational as well as shows the accomplishment of what we did. I have about 100 lbs to go and my wife about 80 lbs. Do any of you have ideas? I have thought about getting a scale with our starting weights on it, just our starting weights, for her a butterfly, for me an anchor.

Replies

• WeightLossTrek
    Options
    I just mentioned this in my latest blog post. I want to get a phoenix to symbolize rebirth. Don't know if that helps.
  • BrandiPants
    BrandiPants Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    *Bump*

Really interested to see what suggestions you get because this is something i want to do when i reach my goal as well.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My first one was a lower back butterfly tattoo.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this I was just thinking a new tattoo would be my ultimate goal reward. Very interested to see suggestions!
  • lainey137
    Options
    Amazing results so far well done!
  • angrabb
    Options
    A ying yang. This could represent an array of things.... your relationship is balanced; to be a balanced person, you must be healthy and happy; you completed this journey together and helped each other out... You could get creative and do something like dumbbells as the circle in the black and white halves.
  • ChubbyCyclist
    ChubbyCyclist Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think the idea of the starting weight is cool because it is simple but it will remind you of how far you have come and where you never want to go again. Where are you getting it (on your body i mean)? I've thought about doing that on my wrist so I see it and remember all the sweat pain and glory I have experienced on this journey...
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I think the idea of the starting weight is cool because it is simple but it will remind you of how far you have come and where you never want to go again. Where are you getting it (on your body i mean)? I've thought about doing that on my wrist so I see it and remember all the sweat pain and glory I have experienced on this journey...

I don't want it to be seen in a work setting, so I was thinking on my left pectoral muscle or the inner part of my bicep. I want to see it whenever I get out of the shower or getting dressed. Maybe my calf since I would never wear shorts to work, but it could be seen at the gym or at the pool, which would be fine.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I was also joking with my wife about getting my big fat face plastered on my back. She got a chuckle out of that.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Your wife as a pinup girl (with her new figure) would be cute for you. Maybe you all muscular for her.