skin affecting self esteem

Options
My face is breaking out more now then I ever did before. My face looks terrible.

I was going to look into getting MaxClarity and was wondering if anyone has tried it and so how'd it work?

Replies

• Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    My skin is also getting terrible and it seems the healthier I eat the worse it has been breaking out. I did get a Tea Tree face cleanser at the health food store and it seems to be helping some. GOOD LUCK!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If you are eating healthily and exercising regularly (and you weren't before) the breakouts are just releasing the toxins from your body and once you get into the swing of things the pimples should clear up and your face will become clear. It's just the start of a new routine that got it breaking out.

As for Maxclarity i'm not sure. I just wash my face with soap and moisturize each night and that seems to work for me. Good luck
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've had LOTS of skin problems growing up and the best advice i have is to get into a good skin care regimen. Start with a gentle daily cleanser, a gentle toner, and a light acne gel or lotion. I'm not sure what MaxClarity is, but if its a skin care system, it will probably work as much as any other. There are others out there as well, like ProActive or Acne Free (which is much cheaper and you can buy at target!) But it's just as effective to put your own together with products from the same product line.

As far as acne treatments go, I only have had luck with benzonyl peroxide products. Salicylic Acid does nothing for me, but everyone's skin is different! Try a few things and see what makes a difference for you.

I'd also suggest washing your face or showering right after your workout to avoid your pores getting clogged by sweat/dirt on your face.
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    I actually tried max clarity and it did work for me some. The only problem I had is that sometimes I had more severe breakouts and it dried my skin out a lot. I instead switched to a more natural product called "Derma-e" and it works wonders. Also, I have made my own toner to go along with it and all of this helps keep my breakouts from being horrible.
  • ariayla
    Options
    Definatley a toxin thing...I've been noticing the same since I changed my diet as well, especially with upping the exercise and the heat (summer in NZ) combined.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    yeah i tried the acne one it tried my skin out bad. tried proactive before it was ok, but maxclarity has a better offer and I don't have alot of money. It also says it's better for sensitive skin.

I have been washing my face right after working out it's calmed it alittle, but i am getting big pimples that hurt which i didn't used to before. It is uncomfortable and my face is scarred up bad now. It is probably the toxins, but that doesn't help the fact that the scarring is going to be bad after it is all said and done if i can't get it under control.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you are eating healthily and exercising regularly (and you weren't before) the breakouts are just releasing the toxins from your body and once you get into the swing of things the pimples should clear up and your face will become clear. It's just the start of a new routine that got it breaking out.

Exactly. Just drink your water and use your regular regimen. Don't spend the extra money.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem. I've been thinking about ProActive, but don't want to spend that much money. I don't know what MaxClarity is.
    Good luck!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ally. I have been using Aveeno daily moisturizing bar. It has helped me. :)
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    i've been looking at the aveeno bar...but my face is so sensitive dry in some places, oily in other's it is insane at this point. I don't even wear make up or anything...I just want normal looking skin.
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    i've been looking at the aveeno bar...but my face is so sensitive dry in some places, oily in other's it is insane at this point. I don't even wear make up or anything...I just want normal looking skin.

Maybe you could try researching online to find natural ways to treat your skin problem. I made my own toner out of apple cider vinegar and green tea and it works great. There are plenty of sites that could have a list of herbs, plants, and even fruits that could help your type of skin. Also, you can try just googling "facial masks recipes" and find great sites w/ recipes. The best part is, there wouldn't be any chemicals you would have to worry about.

I hope this'll help you:)
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    My skin has definitely been worse but I am thinking its more due to the sweating from exercise.... Idk
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    My skin has definitely been worse but I am thinking its more due to the sweating from exercise.... Idk

Actually, if you wash your face right after you exercise, then sweat shouldn't be a problem. Actually, sweat helps to detox your system, so technically, it should help the breakouts. I actually had a prob w/ worse breakouts after I started taking apple cider vinegar. I was detoxing through my face so I would get insane breakouts! This might be the same concept. I read somewhere that exercising was a good way to reduce acne (that is also what the ACV does), so you may have to wait through the worst for it to get better.
  • xoxoultraviolet
    Options
    my skin is SOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly sensitive...
    my friend got a whole bunch of this stuff for her birthday one year and gave some to me
    http://catalog.herbalife.com/personal-care

it works soooooo well.. and it makes you feel super clean... you should really try it !!