Your Body or Your Diet?

Options
On various days, I maybe be not hungry, and eat way below my calorie count, and other days that amount of calories just doesn't seem like enough...

I know calories are important, but in these cases should I just listen to my body more? Or is it more important to stay consistent despite hunger levels?

Replies

• 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    it depends on how drastic your eating habits have changed and how long you have been dieting.

slowly lower your calorie intake from the beginning (such as -300 a day) and gradually get down to where you want to be. Its going to take your body a couple weeks to get use to the change but it will happen. I remember after I gave birth to my twins and started to lose the weight I was only consuming 1300 calories a day. It took me a month for my body to get use to it and start feeling full on a regular basis
  • classicshell
    Options
    Well, it's not that I don't feel full on most days...actually, I have a horrible time with boredom/stress eating...but when I focused and asked myself "Am I really hungry or just bored/stressed?" I found that I was eating 800-1000 calories a day instead, and then ate something extra just to meet calorie goals. I don't usually do much activity, and that might have something to do with it, but I was just wondering if that was bad?

There are a few days, usually once a week or less that I want to eat much more than my alotted calories...
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    just listen to your body...... as long as you are consuming at least 1300 calories and eating every 3 hours.. 5-6 small meals... I wouldnt worry...

and as far as some days when it just doesnt seem enough is totally normal. Stress, daily avtivities, just to name a few are things that can contribute to the feeling of being more hungry than usual.
    It wont hurt you to grab a trail mix bar or something around 200 calories to get rid of the hunger pain... that is, If you really ARE hungry.