ONE MONTH IN and unafraid.

Options
On January 20, 2011, I took the fateful first step that has led me to where I am now. Exactly one month ago, I gave up constantly wishing and hoping that one day my weight issues would disappear. Instead, I took action.

I know a lot of people can begin their stories this way, but my weight has been, and still is, my biggest burden in life. The reason? I am plagued with unfortunate genetics, and a tendency to be lazy.

I've tried every diet there is, and have failed miserably to maintain my weight loss. I have busted my butt in gyms and fitness classes, and have always quit by the end of a month or two. I have gone in and out of depression and have spent a lot of time loathing myself and my body. I have beat myself up over my inability to commit and just lose the damn weight -- I know a lot of you can relate. I always quit before I could fail, but I never saw quitting as failure. Now I see differently.

It has been one month since I started this weight battle anew, and so far so good. I am totally in love with MFP and the incredibly supportive community that makes it up. I am eating healthy (not dieting), exercising, and losing weight slowly. My mood is up, my cravings are gone, and my determination is off the charts. This is the first time I am able to look ahead without fear.

I am 9lbs down with 25lbs to go. I've never been more sure of myself in my life. The next 25lbs won't be easy, but I'm not afraid. Here's to the next month, and my next post.

"You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid." - From the song "Lions" by Lights

Replies

• heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Well done you, that is the best achievement of all...the determination. Keep it up and the 25lbs you have left will be gone before you know it. Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress.
    P.S Can 100% relate!
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It really could be me in your post - ah several times over the years.
    This is my advice to you - do not lose your thoughts that you have written down once you get to the weight you want to be. Post them and re-read them OFTEN - it will motivate you to keep it off. Tell your self everyday that you are important and you are in charge of your body and how you feel. Never let your confidence go, nurture it and build on it every day.
    Best of luck!
  • noraht
    noraht Posts: 21
    Options
    You go girl!!!! Congrats on your new mind set!!