i need support

Tbeekins
Tbeekins Posts: 14
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
:grumble: I hope to reach out to others that are struggling like me. i would sacrifice so much for my family and give up on a lot things so they can have more..but I cant seem to sacrifice the bad foods for my health, image and wellness. I'm at the point where I want to just cry and get mad. I'm only 30 lbs overweight but it seems like tons to me. I'm not vain and don't want to be skinny just to fit in. I just want to be the size I feel comfortable at.

Replies

• Tbeekins
    Tbeekins Posts: 14
    :grumble: I hope to reach out to others that are struggling like me. i would sacrifice so much for my family and give up on a lot things so they can have more..but I cant seem to sacrifice the bad foods for my health, image and wellness. I'm at the point where I want to just cry and get mad. I'm only 30 lbs overweight but it seems like tons to me. I'm not vain and don't want to be skinny just to fit in. I just want to be the size I feel comfortable at.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Don't get down on yourself. You can do this and you are in the right place. It will be better for you and your family. It's not an easy journey but once you get yourself going, it feels so good! :drinker: I still eat junk foods now and then but within moderation. And ya know, with the changes I see and feel, looking and feeling better, I don't even desire any of that stuff as much anymore. Yes sometimes I get tempted but I just give myself about 10 minutes before I make the final decision of whether to eat it or not. Usually I change my mind. But it hasn't hurt me to have a treat once in a while. As long as I don't overdo it. We're here for you. Don't give up and be proud of yourself for making the initiative of getting started on the road to a healthier lifestyle....:flowerforyou: We all get discouraged and we all think about giving up at one point or another but you have to dig deep and keep yourself in the game...Keep it up!!:wink:
    :drinker: :drinker: Cheers to u and a healthier life!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Try to change your mentality...there are no bad foods. Some foods are better than others. Just try to eat more of the good things and try to control the amound of what you call the bad foods. It takes time to realize that you really don't need the "bad" foods to be happy. It will actually make you feel better to eat good and healthy foods. Hang in there!!! :flowerforyou:
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    My best advise...baby steps and one day at a time. I have day's that I want to cry, I had one yesterday, but today...I feel much better. The thing that haunted me for a while was wanting it RIGHT NOW. It wasn't until I gave up on that and realized that the process will take some time that I began to feel better. Another thing that helped me was getting some really great healthy delicious recipes. This site has a ton of them. Keep your head up and best wishes to you. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.