SHAKEOLOGY

Options
Heard about something called Shakeology today. Personally probably a gimmick. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with it? http://www.shakeology.com

Replies

• Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I personally don't use shakeology. But a lot of people do. Its just another weight loss shake, one that is sponsored by a fitness company.
    I do use Shaklee cinch weight loss shakes, but not very often. I use it once a day at most for a quick lunch or snack. They are also good after a tough workout to add protein.

They do have their place, but I don't think that anybody should be using these types of shakes to replace more then one meal. If your body gets used to only having liquid diets, and as soon as you start eating food again, you'll gain all the weight back.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It is TOTALLY NOT A GIMMICK. It has improved my family's health in amazing ways, including lowering my husbands cholesterol by 20% to where his doc said he no longer needed Lipitor. No joke. It stabilizes my blood sugar (I'm hypoglycemic), has rid me of IBS and has helped us lose weight. Plus, when I take antibiotics, I no longer get yeast infections. BIG BONUS for us women! It is not your average protein shake. It is full of amazing ingredients too many to mention.
  • cutelashawn
    Options
    I totally agree with Yoga......the chocolate shakeology is great. I was a lil skeptical at first. i didn't want to shell out the $120 it cost. but the ingredients topped the list of any protein shake out there. Try a sample if u r unsure and do ur research on it before you try it. But i use it daily. Not as a replacement shake but u can use it to replace one meal, somewhat like slim fast. but Shakeology has way more quality ingredients than any shake out there. I usually use it before a workout so I wont have a huge meal on my tummy before I work out. or Ill use it as a late night snack. Its the most healthy snack you will ever eat. Just try it!