How often you do weigh in?

Options
Hi everybody, I am new here, and this is my 3rd day!

I don't have a huge amount to lose, but just wondering how often you weigh in? Daily, weekly?

Replies

• blondie_0506
    Options
    I think weighing in weekly is the best. :) Because daily, your weight can go up and down.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    They say you should weigh in once a week, but I weigh in every day. I don't mind the fluctuation and it helps me keep my goal front of mind. Do what works for you. If daily weigh ins would make you crazy, then by all means go longer between each one. Good luck!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    They say you should weigh in once a week, but I weigh in every day. I don't mind the fluctuation and it helps me keep my goal front of mind. Do what works for you. If daily weigh ins would make you crazy, then by all means go longer between each one. Good luck!

Same for me!
  • Ineedtorun
    Options
    Thanks everybody, that's what I thought... weekly is best, but i think i might do it daily for a bit... just to get myself going!!!

Well done on all your weight shed!!!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I usually end up weighing everyday but I do an official weigh-in every week.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every other day and esp after a free/cheat day/meal...just keeping it real.
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday because it keeps me on track too. I also read in a fitness mag. that there was a research study that found alot of people actually did better loosing weight weighing themselfs everyday because it motivated them to try harder. That definitly runs through my head when I weigh myself everyday. Everyone is different though.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do it twice a week, Mondays and Fridays.
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday I have to, or else I go crazy:explode: , but I don't log my weight down until my actual weigh in is due
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in weighing in every day. I lose at a much faster rate weighing in each day as it helps me to make better decisions since I know that the next day I will have to get on the scale. I don't worry at all about the day to day fluctuations but I make sure that from one week to the next (Thursdays) that my weight is going in the right direction. That said, do whatever you think you can sustain over a long period of time.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I weigh in once a month.
  • TheMollusk
    Options
    I do daily, just because I really can't resist xD
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of doing it every day.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily just because the scale is right next to the shower, so curiosity gets the best of me most mornings. I only 'count' my weigh in once a week for tracking purposes.
  • melody6387
    Options

Same here!!! I like to know.
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday just to make sure I didn't gain any weight
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options

Same for me!

I weigh in daily but only log it once a week
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning-ish
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and keep track of any fluctuation more than 1/2 pound with an app on my ipod. I only record my weight here when I've lost some, lol
  • Ghyllfoot
    Options
    Yep, I have to agree with the every dayers though I don't record every day