Nummy breakfast (or dessert for that matter)

Options
crackerjack345
crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
Two Nutri-grain low fat waffles, 1 tsp of Nutella spread on each waffle (total of 2 tsp) 1/2 C of cut up strawberries on top and a drizzle of 1 tsp Agave nectar. Total of 263 calories, 7 protein and 5 fiber. It is DELICIOUS!!

If I was going to do it for dessert I would just do one waffle with some light whipped cream on top. Yum yum one happy tum. :~)

I posted pics and more info on my blog, if you want to check it out. www.winningthewaronfat.blogspot.com

Replies

• Carissa83
    Carissa83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds great but I'm not allowed to have Nutella in my house anymore. I could never just do 1 tsp :)
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sounds great but I'm not allowed to have Nutella in my house anymore. I could never just do 1 tsp :)

Haha, that's like me and anything salty.

Sounds delicious--I'll have to try it since I just bought a HUGE pack of strawberries...
  • jlbryant2
    jlbryant2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This recipe sounds awesome but I couldnt find the blogspot to check out the pics and get more info on how to make the waffles, but thanks for sharing! I love waffles and had sworn them off so def excited to get to try this out!
  • crackerjack345
    Options
    This recipe sounds awesome but I couldnt find the blogspot to check out the pics and get more info on how to make the waffles, but thanks for sharing! I love waffles and had sworn them off so def excited to get to try this out!

Sorry you're having trouble finding it. It's www dot winning the war on fat dot blogspot dot com

I hope that helps???
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

That's exactly how I am with Nutella! I've kept it out of the house for a while, but I just got back from getting some at the grocery store. I bought the smallest jar I could find because I want to try out those Nutella/Banana Wontons that keep popping up on the message boards! Now I have 2 Nutella treats to try out; thanks for the suggestion.
  • crackerjack345
    Options

That's exactly how I am with Nutella! I've kept it out of the house for a while, but I just got back from getting some at the grocery store. I bought the smallest jar I could find because I want to try out those Nutella/Banana Wontons that keep popping up on the message boards! Now I have 2 Nutella treats to try out; thanks for the suggestion.

A little Nutella goes a long way! 1 tsp per waffle doesn't seem like much at first, but it melts down into the warm waffle and is divine!! I used to go overboard with it, but since I've just been keeping it in the house all the time, I don't feel like I have to scarf it all down at once. I know it's there if I really want some, and it has some good nutrition. It's not just all empty calories.

I really want to try the wontons, too! I've got all the stuff just haven't done it yet. :~)
  • kbrob14
    kbrob14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Where do you find agave nectar? I live in a very small town, the biggest place I get to grocery shop would be a Super Wal-Mart.
  • crackerjack345
    Options
    This sounds great! Where do you find agave nectar? I live in a very small town, the biggest place I get to grocery shop would be a Super Wal-Mart.

I get mine at Costco usually, but I've seen it at most stores. I think I've even seen it at Wal-Mart. It's pretty main stream now. There's more info on agave nectar on my blog, plus a picture (not a great one, though). You can use it in almost anything to replace regular sugar and is much better for you.
  • kbrob14
    kbrob14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I wil def. check out your blog and keep my eye open next time at Wal-Mart! What other foods is it by? :happy:
  • crackerjack345
    Options
    Thank you! I wil def. check out your blog and keep my eye open next time at Wal-Mart! What other foods is it by? :happy:

I think it would probably be on the baking aisle near the sugar and artificial sweeteners.