What do you do on holiday?

Options
Lucky me, I am off skiing next week. I will do my best to make good food choices, within the limits of what is offered at the hotel, and up the mountain (spag bol and burger and chips seems the staple fare of most mountain cafes). Hopefully the exercise will help with some of the additional calorie intake, and I would be happy just to stay the same.

To get to the question, what do you all do about logging while on holiday? I am unlikely to have wifi access, and will not use roaming due to vast expense!

Do I just enter a rounded up figure for each day when I get back, or just leave the week blank?

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Keep up with it on paper and when you get home go back to the date you left off with 1st and log them in. keep up with the exercise too and do the same thing. or you can just leave them blank. It's up to you. I personally would go back and log them all in so when I went back and ran reports they would be true to what I had accomplished.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Im going on holiday for 2 weeks this summer and I already have a book for me to write down everything I eat while Im there and will type it all in when I get back :)
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i wrote texts to me and saved them to drafts so i could log when i got home
  • ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone or iPod touch, you can download the app and you can do it offline and then it syncs when you are back online.... That's what I do and ti works quite well!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    shonzG - thats a great tip - I actually only found out about this site through the iphone app, didnt realise you can still log when offline! Great to know :)
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I'm on holiday without access to the Internet, I write down everything on paper. I don't figure the calories, but I have a pretty good idea by now what I'm putting into my body, and what's good and bad. Then when I get back, I log every single thing in MPF. If I don't, it's just an excuse to slack (which I definitely don't need!).
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to vacation myself. I'm not writing down anything. I'm just going to eat in moderation and use it as a diet break. Hoping to guess and keep it around maintenance.