Celebrity slim?

Options
Hello

While I'm aware there's no real substitute for eating healthy meals, I find it very hard to eat a good breakfast as it's a bust time of day with 2 kids...

I've been using the slim fast shakes and bars for a quick breakfast and have been losing a steady 3-4lbs a week but just saw "celebrity slim" in superdrug and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

I like the fact that they do soups - handy if I'm out and about!

Anyone?

x

Replies

• melfull
    Options
    I've never tried it. However, I'm a teacher and I feel like the last thing I want to do in the morning and evening is cook. I make all my meals on the weekends to save time. For breakfast I make oatmeal bars so I can grab and go.
    2 cups of oats
    3 ripe bananas, mashed
    1/3 cup of vegetable oil
    1 cup of chopped dried fruit
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 tsp of cinnamon
    Mix everything and let sit for 15 min. Bake in oven at 175 C for 20 min. I make mine into 12 bars total (freeze half of them and eat the other half during the week). Each bar is 132 calories. I find that if I eat one before work and a piece of fruit around 10:30 I'm fine till lunch. Nice and easy to grab when you have a busy morning!
  • funnythunder
    Options
    I have been using celebrity slim (well not last week!) and I have found it does the job. You have to reduce your carb intake to less than 100g per day. The milkshakes are okay, but have a funny taste to them, I can't quite put my finger on what it is though. So if you want to go the low carb way it is good.

Hope that helps!! lol xx
  • funnythunder
    Options
    I forget to mention, i often find it quite hard to meet the calorie intake with CS though, having the 2 shakes a day is about 450 cals and cutting out the carbs takes away plenty of calories too i find, there are tons of recipes for low carb though and I have some gorgeous soup recipes, gimme a shout if you want them

Lxx
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Hiya

I make my own breakfast smoothies, Blueberries is my fav:

8oz water
    0.5 cup of frozen unsweetened blueberries

(I add 1 or 2 teaspoons of psyluim husk, this bulks it up and keeps you fuller for longer, start with small doses though as it can act as a mild laxative)
    Chuck it in a beaker and whizz with the hand blender. If your in a rush chuck it in a sports bottle and drink whilst on route to school with the kids. If you take supplements vitamins etc, you can also chuck it in the smoothie so you get it all in at once.

Having smoothies for Bfast has really improved my complexion and a shot of fruit in the am does wonders for my energy levels.

V
  • MMK72
    MMK72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used tony ferguson (? australian brand) and celebrity slim for a while to kick start my weight loss but didn't stick to it properly once I started on MFP I just ate all the calories at the end of the day anyway - still lost the weight mind you. I find the soups (except tomato) and shakes both really tasty and I love the snack bars - I still use them instead of muesli bars or chocolate bars now. The soups are handy to take to work. I couldn't stick to it unless I ate all the salad and veggies you were allowed.

I don't think I'll do it again though because I find the usual 1-2 kg regain when you start eating normally again really disheartening (probably glycogen plus water I realise after a lot of reading on this site) . And now that I use this site (I eat my exercise calories , and eat more protein and more sugar [from fruit and low fat ] dairy but less overall carbs) I'm hoping I'll never have to use any other diet again! (fingers crossed)
  • ak21211
    ak21211 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hello!

I used it for about 3 weeks ... although i did manage to loose a couple of pounds ... it all came back to haunt me as soon as i stopped! :D
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm no good with shakes. I only enjoy them when they're more of a treat. Drinking calories just doesn't fill me up sadly!

I don't know if this may help, but if I know I'm going to have a hectic morning I'll grab a Tupperware bowl (with lid), chuck 2/3 cup of greek yoghurt in and add some chopped fruit. The more overripe the fruit is the better I find :ohwell: Throw a spoon of steel cut oats or bran on top (cereal too if you like!) and put it in the fridge until the morning. Eating it will take you about as long as mixing up the shake and you'll feel much fuller (imho anyway). And since it's in tupperware you can take it with you if you're running super late ( like me this morning! :D )
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Just checked the price of them and they're pricey! Think I'll stick to what I'm doing for now though will definitely try those oaty bars - they sound yummy!!!