Am I obessed with my weigh?

Options
I am 5ft - 5ft 1in and I weigh 115 pounds. I worry about it all the time, thinking I'm fat. I know I'm in a healthy range, but I keep seeing myself as fat. When I started dieting I was 130 pounds, and wanted to go down to 120. When I reached it, the goal bacame 117, then 115, now is 110. Have I become obsessed? Will I know when to stop?

Replies

• cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Only you can answer that hard question with some deep honest soul searching.
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    Ohhh girl. That's how it started for me, now it's way out of control. You might want to see a nutritionist and a counselor. I have to just to keep things sorted.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think you may be answering your own question. 5'5" at 115 pounds is a "healthy" weight at the lowest possible range. If you feel that you are obsessed, try seeing a counselor to get help. Best of luck to you :)
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    you need to stop now!!!! you need to go back to 120 at 5'5". You are getting too thin. Why do you think your fat?????
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    The OP is 5 foot tall not 5ft 5.

The fact that you are taking the question means you are worried about this. I second the poster who said see a nutritionist and/or a councillor.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    When I was 130 pounds, I kept hearing that I'm fat, even from my closest family :-( , and so now I dont want to hear those words ever again. Also, I'm a size 6 at the top, and size 8-10 at the bottom, so maybe being so out of proportion makes me feel fat... :frown:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I would go and have a chat with your Dr who would be a good judge, friends and family are always biased and either too honest or most often too quick to say this or that and not think it through.

I am a lot heavier than I used to be and I still look fine now, I also looked fine when I was a lot lighter and a lot younger, people keep telling me i should stop now, but that is because I was over 200lbs when I started this and so to them I look so much thinner that it skews their view. It sounds to me that you may have an issue, I have a daughter with an eating disorder and she thinks like you are. Size 6 is tiny, size 8-10 is tiny, if that is your body shape then getting thinner will not help even it out. Seek some professional advice honey, we can all say this or that to you but we can't see you.
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    When I was 130 pounds, I kept hearing that I'm fat, even from my closest family :-( , and so now I dont want to hear those words ever again. Also, I'm a size 6 at the top, and size 8-10 at the bottom, so maybe being so out of proportion makes me feel fat... :frown:

I understand feeling like that. I tend to be "bottom heavy" or whatever. My waist used to be significantly smaller than my hips. While you can't really target weight loss in certain areas, I've found you can balance them. I tone/burn calories on an elliptical machine at a very low resistance so as not to bulk up my thigh area, while I leave my upper body alone for the most part. Things are even in regards to my waist to hip ration now.
  • ggourlay
    Options
    Am I reading your WL tracker on your profile right that you want to lose a further 2.9Kg? If so, stop! That's way too much. My wife has had issues with how she percieves her body image in the past (inc a long period of anorexia), so i've witnessed how it can become obsessive and unhealthy. We are all hopefully on here to reach a healthy weight and feel good about ourselves, but weight loss at an extreme does not lead to happiness - it's never enough.

It sounds like you have some people around you who's opinions you can do without. Like other posters, I think a counseller can perhaps help you reach a balanced view of your goals. Godd luck :)
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ask three good friends who you value their opinion.
    Listen carefully to what they say.
    We can all loose the plot: thats why is good to have others around as a mirror and to help us.

After dieting for a while, its easy to feel your loosing the plot... I feel it too, but Hubby reckons I'm right to go for my goal and loose my last few lbs, another good friend says the same. My fat friends say I should stop now!

Good luck honey...
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Ask three good friends who you value their opinion.
    Listen carefully to what they say.
    We can all loose the plot: thats why is good to have others around as a mirror and to help us.

After dieting for a while, its easy to feel your loosing the plot... I feel it too, but Hubby reckons I'm right to go for my goal and loose my last few lbs, another good friend says the same. My fat friends say I should stop now!

Good luck honey...
    You are so right! Fatter people tell you to stop, and thinner (or fitter) tell you to carry on... I'll take your advice, thanks :smile: