For the girls out there...HELP!

Options
Ok, I had the horrible realization this weekend that I have huge boobs...at least I think they are. I thought I was a 36/38 C and now I find I am a 40 D! Most women would be ecstatic but I'm a runner so big boobs are not an accessory I enjoy. Can anyone tell me how to lose them? HELP!

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Boobs are mostly fat, so as you'll lose weight you'll hopefully be able to reduce those as well.

In the meantime get a very good high impact sports bra (shock absorber level 4 type of impact level), that reduces downward movement as well as upward movement.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well, as you lose weight, you typically lose it in your boobs. I was a 38 D and now that bra is too big and I've only lost 17 pounds... so I think the harder you work, the more of a difference you'll see. Also, maybe if you try to tone your pectorals, it'll burn fat in your breasts? I don't know if that's true, it's just what I'm thinking. Someone else who's more of an expert can probably tell you if that's true or not. But if it IS true, try laying on your back with your arms out straight (like you're making yourself a "t") with a light weight in each hand, and then curl your arms in towards your chest and then back down. That is an easy way to start (I stole it from 30-Day Shred).
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    You might lose some by losing weight.If that is just thier natural size then probobly not.I just got down to a dd from an f.I hope they stay where they are.
    If they bother you alot when you run try wearing more than one sports bra,I wear 3 and them suckers dont move
  • xerinx2011
    Options
    I am a 38GG/H (uk sizes dunno if usa is different?) When i work out i have a really good supportive bra, a maternity vest top (very supportive!!) plus another top over the top to keep everything in place!

So far ive lost 17lbs but they havent gone down any :( Just the back size! Not sure if thats a good thing or not!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you! I've lost 20 lbs and a lot of it was in my breasts, so it will come off as you loose weight... Just wish all my fat went to my boobs then I wouldn't have any issues! lol!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    I sooooo wish I could loose my boobs!! but I have had these bad boys since I was 11 and never change regardless of what size I am. Most people however - it is the first place they loose! So if thoose pounds come off so will ur boobs - Im sure of it :))) xxxxx
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Ummm Well lets see....... I had small boobs when I was skinny then I had 2 kids and got bigger..& bigger...& bigger. Now I'm a 36DDD Yikes I'm huge!! When I did loose my weight the first time they were still only a 34DD I'm loosing weight now and they have not really shrunk. But everyone is different whent hey loose weight so you might loose them or only a little. I hope ya do and if you find a secret on how to loose them please let me know!! lol:tongue:
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! But i lost 10lbs so far and I think that mine are already going down a little. I am a 40 DD.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    As you lose weight, you'll lose all over. Relax!
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34G (I think....gotta send some bras back that don't fit :P) and know how you feel. Mine do go up and down some based on my weight. I love the ShockAbsorber bras....they are the only ones I wear for working out.
  • amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mine shrink a little too when I lose weight but they're still big enough that they're annoying to run with... I haven't been able to locally find any "fun bras" that really support but at my local running store they carry some that are adjustable and have a soft underwire support. That makes the girls happy.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Also, maybe if you try to tone your pectorals, it'll burn fat in your breasts?

Nope.

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

Muscle mass, i.e. lean mass will up your metabolism overall, which will in turn burn fat, but muscle in itself does not burn fat. They are two completely different tissues. One doesn't somehow "eat" the other because of where you strength train.

However, what strength training does do, is that it gives you a much nicer shape once a lot of the fat is gone. So... if you have fat flabby arms, you can do as many tricep dips as you like, the developing tricep muscle can't "eat" away at the upper arm flab, but once the flab is going you'll notice much better tone underneath.

I find that when I do press ups, bench press etc it gives my boobs a much perter and rounder shape, but then I'm only a C-cup, not sure what it could do for much bigger sizes.

Having said all that, lying on the floor with small weights will do sweet f.a.

You need either need to start doing press ups (i.e. at least support your own body weight) or barbell bench presses with a considerable weight if you want to see results.