What's for breakfast?

Options
What do you usually have for breakfast? I'm not a huge breakfast fan, but I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and yada yada yada.... So share with me what you usually have! =)

Replies

• deeanne22
    Options
    I either have 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of burgen bread toasted with a squirt of ketchup and a cup of coffee
    or
    a bagel toasted and a banana
    or
    2 pancakes and fruit
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Whole grain cereal (usually around 30g) with semi skimmed milk, 1/2 banana and 200ml fresh orange juice.
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    This morning is 1 cup Multi Grain Cheerios with 1/2 cup 2% milk and a yogurt.

Yeterday was Thomas' Bagel Thins with Philly Cream Cheese and a yogurt.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Varies. Most days, recently has been either 3 Minute Oats with 1 tbsp of reduced fat condensed milk, .5 tbsp of peanut butter and a sliced banana mixed in or 1cup of cinnamon cheerios with 1 cup of unsweet vanilla almond milk and a sliced banana. The first is a little over 300 calories, the 2nd is under 300 calories...both very filling.
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I drink a Carnations Breakfast drink because I just can slow myself down to eat food.
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Usually I have GoLean cereal (1 cup) and 2% Organic Milk (1/2cup) for a total of 200 calories. I add some splenda to that so it's a little more sweet. I love it. Lots of fiber and protein to keep you full.

On Saturday I add 2 waffles with spray butter and sugar free syrup. I can't remember the brand but if you wanna look it up add me as a friend. My diary is open.
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yogurt every morning because it is quick and easy to eat before heading to work.
    Cathy
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Plain porridge with mixed berries added and sweetner. Very filling.
    Sometimes a boiled egg with 40 gms ham and 2 x weight watchers bread.
    If in a hurry just some fruit, and make up for it at lunchtime.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have soaked old fashioned oatmeal with raisins (that also soak with the oats overnight), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and aloe vera juice.
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm usually eating breakfast on the run. So I usually eat a Thomas light multigrain english muffin with a serving of peanut butter on it and head out the door.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg
    2 egg whites
    1 Mission Corn Tortilla (Extra Thin)
    Fresh Spinach
    Sliced Tomato

That's on my menu for me today.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I cycle between a few different options so I don't get bored:

--1 cup of multigrain cheerios with 1/2 cup milk (and sometimes 1/2 cup fruit)
    --1 serving Cream of Wheat with 1/2 cup fruit (berries are great)
    --1 bagel thin or light english muffin with 1 Tbsp peanut butter (I use Better 'n Peanut Butter because it's got 1/2 the calories of regular peanut butter)
    --egg whites with seasoning (mrs. dash: usually garlic & herb) and veggies (today we did spinach; the other day we did peppers and onions).
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    This morning I had two Morningstar patties, a banana, 3 strawberries topped with a spoonful of flaxseed.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I miss chicken biscuits. So instead, I often have a Morningstar Farms Chik patty on whole wheat bread and a Sargentos light cheese stick (hoping that the protein will keep me full til lunch).
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Most mornings for me it's 1/2 cup of Raisin Bran cereal with 1/2 cup fat free milk, 2c. of coffee with fat free creamer.
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My favorite brekkie is 2 x ryvita with natural (no additives) peanut butter and a banana :love:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,272 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question! I love to see all the ideas too. I prefer to vary my breakfasts with a few different meals.

1) 1 cup of cheerios w/ 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze and 1/4 blueberries on top;
    2) Old Fashioned Oats cooked in the microwave with 1/4 cup raisens and 1 oz. chopped pecans or sliced almonds (have 1 packet of Truvia Sweetener on it for a little more flavor);
    3) 2 Toaster Kashi Whole Grain Waffles with thawed frozen unsweetened mixed berries on top;
    4) 1-2 scrambled or fried eggs with a 100% Whole Wheat English Muffin OR 1 slice of whole wheat toast w/ 1 T. peanut butter;
    5) Two pieces of whole wheat toast with 1 T. peanut butter between both slices, and Dannon LIght and Fit Yogurt;
    6) Smoothie to Go- 1 cup of the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, 1 cup of frozen fruit (unsweetened), 1 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder, and sometimes a dash of orange juice if needed to thin it. Blend in a blender or smoothie maker.

:smile:
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    I was bad this morning and had two slices of pizza. Chicken:ohwell: , bacon, ranch pizza! Usually I have an egg and chesse on a deli flat roll though!:ohwell:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    MOST DAYS I EAT 1 SERVING STEEL OATS,1 BANANA AND EITHER 8OZ PLAIN LOW FAT YOGURT OR 8 OZ SOY MILK.WHEN I GO OUT I USUALLY HAVE A VEG OMELET,TOMATO AND WHEAT TOAST.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I too have a variety of things I eat as breakfast.
    1) yogurt with 1/2 - 3/4 c generic cheerios stirred in ( love Dannon Lite and Fit yogurts)
    2) Raisin Bran (Fiber One or Ralston) with Silk original( milk substitute) 1/2 c and small banana
    3)Thomas Bagel thin with either PB or Laughing Cow cheese wedge(swiss or garlic one)
    4) instant oatmeal No sugar type, like the maple and brown sugar with either banana or berries
    5) Eggs, either over easy/poached/soft boiled with tsp smart balance light(butter)..may make scramble with veggies (onions/sweet peppers/broccoli tops ) and sometimes have Turkey bacon 2-3 slices
    6) homemade pancakes with low sugar syrup or berries
    7) Carnation Instant breakfast no sugar type for when on the 'fly'
    8) make smoothies with Lite and Fit yogurt / 1% milk 1/2 -1c / frozen fruit 1/2 - 1c

Gives me some variety to keep things not boring. Hope this helped. :-)