Personal Nutritionist?

Options
Would you use the services of a one-to-one nutritionist / diet consultant? If so, what would you expect in terms of service provided, price, advice etc?

Replies

• cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't have any answers for you but I'm interested in hearing the responses. I have also considered consulting a nutritionist but wasn't sure if I would get more out of it than I can get from the analysis tools and helpful people on here.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    No, I definitely wouldn't. I know what I should be eating. I don't want to start obsessing over micrograms and trace minerals.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    I don't have any answers for you but I'm interested in hearing the responses. I have also considered consulting a nutritionist but wasn't sure if I would get more out of it than I can get from the analysis tools and helpful people on here.

I have to agree. I had some friends that went to see a nutritionist. Now in some of their cases they needed more guidance because they had a more difficult time doing it on their own - and because of certain health restrictions. But most the information they got was the same thing that I've been reading in my fitness mags, on MFP, hearing on the news, and from my doctor myself. The nutritionist just gave them someone to report to once a week for a little bit ... They did have success though.

As for price and such, I personally think it should be 100% covered by insurance ... it's a part of health care. It may in fact, should be considered preventative care as well ... But don't get me started on that one. LOL