13 pounds a month

Options
I really want to lose 13 lbs a month for the next 3 months! Is this possible? Is anyone losing at this rate? I have lost 20lbs in 6 weeks BUT that was my first month dieting. I know that is slowing down. I just want to keep 13 lb a month momentum. Is this possible ????

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Wow I have no idea but if you find the answer plzzzzz let me know I would love that to!!!!:bigsmile:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Do you have a specific reason for wanting to lose the weight so quickly??

13lbs a month sounds quite dramatic to me and if you've lost 20lbs in 6 weeks (which is excelllent) I cannot see how you will manage to lose 13 per month without some kind of 'intervention' - which I 100% am against for the record.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Yeah I would also like to know!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well...I know some answers will be a no - cause of this and that...it should be interestin' to read later on :smile:
    bump
  • kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is it's a little much if you divide 13 by 4(weeks) thats 3.25lbs a week. That is alot. You always want to stay healthy while doing this. I have a lot of weight to lose and trust me when I say I want it off now. I have always been heavy so it didnt take me a few months or even years to get here. I do know that slow and steady will win this race.. Again this is my own personal opinion but I think that most mfpers will agree.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    aiming for 1-2 pounds/week is safest and it is more likely you will keep it off if the loss is slow. so 3 months would be 39 pounds in 13 weeks (3 lbs/week) which is not recommended. 1 lb/week is recommended but 2 lbs still safe. If you aim for 2 lbs/week that would be 26 in 3 months, which is safer and more likely.
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You might have an inital loss in one month of 13 lbs but realistically 10 lbs a month or 2 lbs a week is realistic. Anything more than 2 lbs a month is not healthy. Just keep that in mind. Also remember that muscle weighs more than fat so as you work out your body won't "lose" weight as fast. Try measuring yourself and keep up with that too. Muscle takes up less room. I lost in my neck, waist and hips last week but did not lose any weight. So don't concentrate on the scale.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ... Anything more than 2 lbs a month is not healthy. ...

I think he means "Anything more than 2 lbs a week is not healthy."
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    aiming for 1-2 pounds/week is safest and it is more likely you will keep it off if the loss is slow. so 3 months would be 39 pounds in 13 weeks (3 lbs/week) which is not recommended. 1 lb/week is recommended but 2 lbs still safe. If you aim for 2 lbs/week that would be 26 in 3 months, which is safer and more likely.

agreed, what he said :) Losing it the right way, you have a better chance of keeping it off and maintaining your goal weight, in the end. You will have a much better outcome/result.
  • ETsambouris
    Options
    While I agree that 2lbs a week is the general safe zone, I once lost 18lbs in a month doing an intense cleanse. Followed the diet and took the supplements strictly. However, I was also obese! If you are not needing to lose a large amount of weight, the 13lbs could cause medical complications, like gal stones.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Do not take pills, do cleanses, etc. please. Do not expect to lose that much weight that fast without an extreme weight loss regiment and they are not healthy. Fast off means fast back on and then some because you can't do extreme weight loss plans for your entire life. Besides if you work out and do some strength training your body shape will change. I have pants that were tight at 120 lbs and they are loose at 125 pounds because I've toned up from strength training. If you are obese try for 2 pounds a week. If just overweight then maybe try for 1 pound or less per week.

As time goes on the weight loss will slow down because you are getting smaller therefore burning less calories.