30dayshred AND Tredmile/Eliptical anyone?

Options
Heya everyone, so i have littttle over 20 pounds to lose, and i tend to be very impatient, but this time i know if im not patient i wont suceed so, anyway my question IS..does anyone do the 30 day shred AND hit the gym for some tredmile/eliptical action? my last attempt at the 30DS I did it for one day and was so sore i couldnt imagine doing anything else for a couple days, this time i wanna tough it out, but i know i want to lose more weight than what the shred will allow me just by itself.

how do you handle doing tredmile/cardio and the shred? which one do you do first? Sometimes i can do the shred in the morning before class, then after class hit the gym for some cardio, so it could work, but i know its gonna be sooo tough with how sore i get. any suggestions?

thanks loves! :-) have a great monday!! feel free to add me! TOday is my new day 1 and i need all the motivation i can get woo!!

Replies

• WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just started the shred (on hold now, due to a pulled neck muscle) recently, and was Very sore for the first few days; second day in though, I did the treadmill afterwards, and it really wasn't too bad. Actually felt good to get my muscles moving again. I was doing the 30 day shred mid-morning, and then hitting the treadmill in the afternoon. That was working out pretty well.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I always do my workout as soon as i get home from work. Before dinner time. I do the 30DS and jillian micheals Shred it with weights (kettlebell workout) back to back, then i jump on the elliptical for about 15-20 minutes doing intervals on resistance. I do this routine from mon-fri. On the weekends, i just started jogging for 30 mts using 3 lbs weights. i had great results last week, i lost 4 lbs! good luck!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing the shred but I am doing 2 JM workouts and running on the elliptical. The elliptical is like my easy workout. Lol
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    if you get past the 2nd - 3rd day you wont get as sore. and when you are sore if you power through it will actually loosen you up and you'll be less sore after exercising. i didnt find it easier or harder either way doing 30ds then eliptical or eliptical then 30ds. good luck!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile: I am on Day 5 of 30DS & I use my eliptical about every other day after the shred. I was only sore the first 3 days of shred and now I feel the burn during the workout but never after.

Good luck!
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use 30 day shred 3 x a week and do 30 min on treadmill (10 min on 3.5, 10 min on 4.5 and 10 min at 5.5) 7 days a week I don't take any breaks. The first 2 or 3 times I did shred I was achy and sore too, but you are working new muscles and gaining muscle too, muscle burns fat so it is all good, space out your workouts and alternate them up with other cardio and strength and you will not get bored. Good luck and keep at it, I have reach a small plateau it is impossible if you want to maintain a healthy eating style that you will stick with for life to loose 4# a week, but give yourself realistic losses like 2# here and 1# here and before you know it you body will look and feel better. Also know that some weeks by weight did not change at all, really bummed me out but take some measurements now and once a week when you check in. Those measurements can change drastically giving you the rewards to keep pushing forward. Good luck friend request sent.