9 lbs lost!

Options
cls413
cls413 Posts: 57 Member
Last week's weigh-in I was at 8 lbs lost (since January 3rd). This past weekend I was out of town for a friend's birthday -- eating out for every meal, going on brewery and distillery tours, and no working out except for some walking around the city. I'd decided I wasn't going to stress over calories while I was gone and just get back on track this week, so I fully expected to either maintain or gain this week. I got on the scale this morning . . . and there's another pound gone!

If I can lose again next week I'll be at 10 lbs for the past two months. Unfortunately TOM is coming and I'm not sure how that will effect the scale, so I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Either way, I definitely count these first two months of my journey a big success!

Replies

• hollyshobbies
    Options
    good job! we all need a little fun- cheat days some times
  • beccajordan7
    Options
    You go girl!
    Try to fit as much fruits and veggies in your meals as you can. For example, if you go to a restaurant then you order whatever you want and instead of fries, have a side salad with low-fat dressing. I love eating at Bob Evans because I can get a bowl of fruit and a side salad with my meal. Little things make a big difference! (:
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is a great start...

One word of caution is to be prepared for the weeks where the scales swing the other way. You do everything right, and gain 1/2 a pound. The normal variation in your body will do this. It can be frustrating, but you just need to take a longer view. Another thing I would suggest is taking some body measurements that you can track. It is amazing to see how your body shape can change. And, after weeks of not losing, you can see if your body is changing even though you can't see it on the scale.

Best of Luck!!!

--Carter
  • cls413
    cls413 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. And yes, I'm well aware that the scale will not keep sliding down nicely for me. I have another 60+ pounds to lose, and I'm sure the journey will be filled with my fair share of rises, falls, and plateaus along the way.

Numbers aside, I just feel incredibly empowered by the changes I've been able to make in my life over the past several weeks. From only being able to do 10 minutes on the elliptical, to doing an hour or more of cardio every time I go to the Y (along with some strength training). From stuffing my face with no regard for the consequences, to actively thinking and making decisions about what I'm eating . . . and knowing, even when I make bad decisions, that they're still conscious choices.

And making the decision to have a weekend like the one I just did, and then get right back into my new routine, that's something I know I can live with for the long haul. Real life happens. But I'm going to keep moving forward.
  • homemom3
    Options
    Good luck. I must admit whenever TOM hits me I bloat so I try to keep up the same pace I was the week or two before because I know once HE leaves then it'll drop. Hope this helps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!