Feeling discouraged!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice!! I do have a copy of the Nutrition Guide, and I follow most of what it recommends except the on the go meals. But this week I'm ending that and making my own healthy meals and see how that works out. I also would drink sodas and stopped that bad habit as well. The only thing that I do need is looking at recovery shakes, I do not buy the shakeology that is not on my budget. I need to research which one I should buy. I don't have much energy as I think I should and I don't know what that means. When I was just going to the gym I didn't feel this way I actually felt great.

The tape measure was a problem too, I don't know why but somehow I measured 1in more than I was when I started! I don't know if I measure myself wrong?? But I re-measured myself and I'm gonna see if there's any difference in that! I actually feel smaller and pants don't fit as tight from my waist but I have more belly fat.

I always just have a protein drink right after I workout and I find that really helps. I don't do shakeology either because of the cost, so my protein drink is usually a cup of skim milk with some protein powder added. I also make sure that it hasn't been more than 3 hours between my last meal and my workout - for some reason, if I haven't fueled up in over three hours before working out then my energy lags and I don't perform nearly as well. That's just my personal experience, however. You'll just have to figure out what works best for you. Ditching the soda will definitely help, as will making your own meals and snacks. Sounds like you have a good plan - remember too, that the belly fat always seems to be the last thing to go :grumble: hang in there and keeping working at it until you find the right formula for you! You'll get there! :bigsmile:
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice!! I do have a copy of the Nutrition Guide, and I follow most of what it recommends except the on the go meals. But this week I'm ending that and making my own healthy meals and see how that works out. I also would drink sodas and stopped that bad habit as well. The only thing that I do need is looking at recovery shakes, I do not buy the shakeology that is not on my budget. I need to research which one I should buy. I don't have much energy as I think I should and I don't know what that means. When I was just going to the gym I didn't feel this way I actually felt great.

The tape measure was a problem too, I don't know why but somehow I measured 1in more than I was when I started! I don't know if I measure myself wrong?? But I re-measured myself and I'm gonna see if there's any difference in that! I actually feel smaller and pants don't fit as tight from my waist but I have more belly fat.

I always just have a protein drink right after I workout and I find that really helps. I don't do shakeology either because of the cost, so my protein drink is usually a cup of skim milk with some protein powder added. I also make sure that it hasn't been more than 3 hours between my last meal and my workout - for some reason, if I haven't fueled up in over three hours before working out then my energy lags and I don't perform nearly as well. That's just my personal experience, however. You'll just have to figure out what works best for you. Ditching the soda will definitely help, as will making your own meals and snacks. Sounds like you have a good plan - remember too, that the belly fat always seems to be the last thing to go :grumble: hang in there and keeping working at it until you find the right formula for you! You'll get there! :bigsmile:

I think a protein drink is what I need, do u recommend any protein powders? I have to wait longer than 3hrs more like 4hrs, last time it had been 3hrs since I last ate and I was about to let it all out during my workout. So I just usually have lunch 4hrs before then eat a banana in between. Do you drink the shake before or after working out? Thanks, I feel much better today I just need to be patient =)
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have my protein drink after the workout. I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. You can get it at GNC. My fave is the Extreme Milk Chocolate or the Chocolate Malt. I like the taste and it seems to mix well into skim milk, although I've heard that others just mix it in water or even almond milk.

There are other folks on here who have recommended other brands of protein powder - I'll be if you do a search for "protein powder" that you'll be able to find the other threads and see what others recommend.