Do medications affect weight loss?

Options
I take medication for hypertension that also lowers my heart rate. I find it very difficult to increase my heart rate when I exercise. I realize that all exercise helps with toning but is it doing anything for weight loss? Should I not log my exercise so that I don't eat those extra calories?

Replies

• moonay
    moonay Posts: 30
    Options
    All exercise is good and will contribute towards your weight loss, however to be on the safe side I would probably underestimate the exercise.

EG. When I go walking each day I put the pace on slow 2mph when the pace is more like mod 3mph.

You still gain extra calories for the day but not as many as you probably should, helps me to make sure I don't over use calories.
  • nph1960
    nph1960 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think if you are losing weight at about 4 pounds per month you should just continue doing what you are doing. Keep logging the exercise so you stay motivated. Keep up the good work!
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm also on meds for that but have found going on the treadmill has lowered my blood pressure.(and made me lose weight)..1st time in years so good even just for that aspect...I'm allowed 1200 cals and sometimes get another 400 in exercise...it seems a bit strange having to eat all the cals and sometimes i like to keep some in credit in case i go over the next day...Record your exercise and just make sure you have the minimum of 1200 cals..if you go less than that you go into "starvation mode" and your body will store the fat. Hope this makes sense.