HOLA!!

Essence320
Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm Essence and I'm a 30 yr old mom of 2. I'm here for support and ideas on getting and keeping this weight off. I used to be very athletic but as time has progressed and demands changed so did my body. Two months ago I found myself having a tearful meltdown in the fitting room of my fave store when I realized that I can no longer shop there b/c they don't carry my size. What a wakeup call. So here I am...recommitted to doing it the right way for good.:happy:

Replies

• Essence320
    Hi everyone! I'm Essence and I'm a 30 yr old mom of 2. I'm here for support and ideas on getting and keeping this weight off. I used to be very athletic but as time has progressed and demands changed so did my body. Two months ago I found myself having a tearful meltdown in the fitting room of my fave store when I realized that I can no longer shop there b/c they don't carry my size. What a wakeup call. So here I am...recommitted to doing it the right way for good.:happy:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    WELCOME and good luck!!! :smile:
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Eat three meals a day with a couple snacks. YEP sounds crazy huh? I thought so too, but it works - and using this site helps you to easily keep track of the calories. I have found this site to be my key. Not only by tracking my calories and exercise but by reading other peoples posts. A typical day I may have kashi 7 whole grain puffs with skim milk for breakfast, half apple with peanut butter for a snack, then for lunch a salad with tuna fish or maybe a sandwich with a low fat wheat bun, meat, pickles and lettuce, then another snack around 3, say the other half of apple, or string cheese and then meat and veggies mostly for dinner. It works
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you. This is a wonderful site where you can get plenty of help and encouragement. :flowerforyou:
  • Essence320
    Thanks for the welcome and tips ladies.:flowerforyou: I started eating more and alot better last Tuesday. The 6 lb lost is for the last week!:bigsmile: I started working out again too. I'm looking forward to having people to make this journey with.
  • fabulusn40
    fabulusn40 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi lady, I feel you. It's a struggle for me too. Last summer I got down to a 14 and bought a whole new wardrobe. Guess what, I can't fit anything!!!!! I am so upset. This time I'm gonna do it the right way and keep it off. Keep in touch. Good luck and good health.
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome! You will love this place :smile:

~Kell
This discussion has been closed.