losing too fast?

Options
So, let me tell you this is the LAST post I thought I'd be making 2 weeks ago today when I started this journey!! But I have a lot to lose - 75 to 80lbs - and I DO NOT want to end up with skin sagging off me. I *assume* that I'm losing a lot of weight at the start up because my body is so eager to slim down and that as my system adjusts it will slow down to the 1.5lbs a week I'd like.
I have hypothyroidism so although part of my gain was from nasty food choices too often, part of it was the condition and now that I'm on medication my body is willing to let go of weight.

I'd love some feedback from those in the know as 8lbs in in 2 weeks is a lot! Although it's sure motivating and I like that my face has already slimmed down a bit!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So, let me tell you this is the LAST post I thought I'd be making 2 weeks ago today when I started this journey!! But I have a lot to lose - 75 to 80lbs - and I DO NOT want to end up with skin sagging off me. I *assume* that I'm losing a lot of weight at the start up because my body is so eager to slim down and that as my system adjusts it will slow down to the 1.5lbs a week I'd like.
    I have hypothyroidism so although part of my gain was from nasty food choices too often, part of it was the condition and now that I'm on medication my body is willing to let go of weight.

I'd love some feedback from those in the know as 8lbs in in 2 weeks is a lot! Although it's sure motivating and I like that my face has already slimmed down a bit!

Thanks in advance!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hey minnie,

congrats on your loss!! i think a lot of people lose a lot in the beginning and then it tapers off. same thing happened to me, and, you're right, its a great motivator in the beginning. keep up the great work.

em:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much, many times, at the beginning, you lose dramatically because of water weight and body correction, if this continues for say, another month, then I would re-examine your plan, but for now, I would just bask in the loss and enjoy it, because, most likely, your body will settle down for a 1 to 2 lb a week loss.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Merci Banks, I was hoping you'd post :tongue: I'm eager to see what happens over the next couple of weeks for that reason. I've got a HRM and I'm considering taking a day off of working out to check my cals because I've also got a nursing toddler which accounts for at least a couple hundred calories daily (but I just try to make sure I have less than 100 cals left for the day to compensate).

Thanks everyone! I'll just enjoy it then! :laugh:
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. I lost the majority of my weight when I was in a weight loss competition and I lost almost a steady 5 pounds a week. I was under the supervision of a trainer, nutritionist, etc. and they were fine with it as long as it was done the right way. Strength training will help firm you up with less saggy skin. And your weight loss will slow down eventually. Now that I'm not in competition anymore I only lose 1-2 pounds a week, but I'm not working near as hard as I was.