P90x.....is it worth it?

Options
So I have been watching the infomercials for P90 and am really interested in it. Have any of you used it and had success? Do you have to do anything else besides the videos? (like more cardio). I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks guys!!

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Absolutely worth it! I've done two rounds of it...its amazing! You can check out my transformation video on my Facebook page. The link is in my signature :smile:
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm all for P90X cause that's what jump-started me last summer into my healthy lifestyle. I lost about 10 pounds on it!

However, I personally like all the Chalene Johnson DVD's better.... I think that's because I find the P90X to be more of a guy's workout (though many women do it and enjoy it!). So that's just a personal opinion.

But I started Chalene's ChaLEAN Extreme in September and lost 18 pounds. MUSCLE BURNS FAT is her mantra. :-) I'm currently on her TurboFire program (and have lost 7 pounds in the last 7 weeks), and plan to start the ChaLEAN Extreme/TurboFire Hybrid come March 6th.
  • Peyton115
    Options
    i've been really curious about P90X too!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start it (today is my first day actually!) so I don't have any input on how it's worked for me yet. Do a search of the boards for P90X and you'll see there are a bunch of different threads regarding it. You can also go to the beachbody.com website and look at success stories. There are a bunch of before and after pictures and their general forum has lots of info as well. It is not billed as a weight loss program, but a fitness program. Many have successfully lost weight doing it though. I need to lose (as you can see from my ticker) but I figure being in better shape with more muscle will only help me with that. I'm looking at it as a sort of boot camp for myself.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Changed my life so yes it is worth it.......No you don't have to do anything but it.....There 12 different workout and each version (there are 3 all included) includes cardio, abs, and strength....amazing .
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Absolutely worth it! My pictures in the green sports bra show my transformation for the 1st 30 days where i strictly did p90x and lost 13 lbs. Now, I do a hybrid with marathon training (4 runs a week, 2 P90X strength days, spinning once, yoga once) and I've dropped about 15 more. It is such a great and effective work out!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about - the original Power 90 or the advance P90X? There are several different programs of the Power 90 with Beachbody products. There is also the Power 90 Master Series and Power 1/2 hour. You are probably talking about the P90X which is a advance level program. That is the one I see the most in informercials. I was little concern about trying the P90X because several friends had tried it and never finished it. It was too much for them - time wise and just hard. So I tried the original Power 90 and was able to complete the 90 days - actually switched to the Master series at day 60 and then did 60 day more with the Matser Series.120 althogether! I am currently do the Power 1/2 . Just started - today in fact. For me - the Power 90 was great and built me up just at the right speed. I had the results that I wanted (just in time for my wedding and honeymoon). I lost a few pounds but toned up and gained strenght. I did the DVD and also continued my three days a week at the gym and walked on the other three. I always take one day off!!! Hope that helps. You can ask me any questions and I will try to answer.
  • vroyyoung
    Options
    My husband and I both tried it. I lost inches but not weight, found it a massive time commitment of more than one hour each day and we both ended up with injuries (my heal, his neck). Depending on what your goals are would depend on if I'd suggest it. If you need to lose a lot of weight (like I do), I would suggest something else (I'm loving the Inside Out Method by Bob Harper) where you'll drop more weight, and then I'd suggest P90X to tone up, if you're looking for that more muscular look, once you're in the final 10-15 pound stretch.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2. It's a love/hate relationship so far :)
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I love love love P90X!!! Here are my results from round 1!!! Working on round 2 now!!!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/122822-my-p90x-before-and-after-pics
  • Melisha82
    Options
    Heck yes! I'm only in my second month and I have lost almost 20 inches! see my before and after pics in my profile
  • DimenaZhena
    Options
    I heard it is a great program and I've seen people get some awesome results from it.
  • dgaskin77
    Options
    I wouldn't use anything else!!! Definitely worth the money.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    If you like basic lifting and don't need fast paced music and cute little dance steps to workout its great. Even with 12 workouts many don't finish becasue its just plan hard work nothing fancy, Tony is a great motivator if you want to do it for yourself if you need someone to tell you all the time how great your doing Tony is not your guy. If and only IF you work hard do it everyday will you get results I'm 47 and have never been this stronge and I have a month to go. My running is way improved also.
    Also these DVD are long most are 1 hour yoga is 1:45 (about) so you have to make the time and yes 6 days a week. so before you send the money make sure your ready for that kind of time. Good Luck. Also as a thought P90 is way cheaper will get you ready to P90X if your not already in good shape and will let you see if you like Tonys kind of work for less money and time commitment
  • ambrosij
    ambrosij Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you are like me then you push hard through what ever you are doing, basically OVERDOING it...I would advise caution with P90X, take baby steps and work up to the more intense exercises, it is a great program but it is very very intense and if you over do it you could be sore for several days and then just give up. Ease into it, dont do the full work out until about week three unless you already have a solid base to start from.
  • ambrosij
    ambrosij Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Also I wouldnt spend the crazy amount of money to buy P90X, you can find it free all over the place, PM and Ill help you out.
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've heard nothing but good things and the P90x workouts leave me sore. Its not something you can just jump into though. You have to have a good base to start from as far as a workout regiment because you will PUSH!

A friend of mine wanted to try it with me to see what it was all about and he ended up puking after because he wasn't prepared. Not to scare you off or anything because it really is a phenomenal workout!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I've heard nothing but good things and the P90x workouts leave me sore. Its not something you can just jump into though. You have to have a good base to start from as far as a workout regiment because you will PUSH!

A friend of mine wanted to try it with me to see what it was all about and he ended up puking after because he wasn't prepared. Not to scare you off or anything because it really is a phenomenal workout!

Puking? Sounds like a solid workout to me. :tongue: