Taking Measurements

Options
Hello,

This may sound like a silly question but I've seen people give the advice of taking measurements as well as weigh ins.

What measurements do I take?

Replies

• kim0913
    Options
    I measure my arms, waist, hips and thighs......I measure about every 3 weeks.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Also, if you want ideas that are easily tracked--in the "check-in" section of MFP, they have some measurement areas already entered! You can also add custom ones.

For me, I only measure about 1x/month--that way I always see results :wink:
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I went all out this morning so I can know where things are changing. I measured my neck, chest, bicep, just below the ribs, around the navel, my waist, butt, thigh, and calf. Measuring every three-four weeks seems typical.
  • WhiteStar2351
    Options
    My Tuesday morning ritual includes:

Measure: Calves, Thighs, Hips, Waist, Chest, Upper Arms, Forearms, Shoulders, Neck (measure both arms and both legs as the body has a horrible ability to grow at different speeds)

Jump on the scales, and also conduct a 7-site body fat analysis (the latter being the one that actually tells me how I'm progressing)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am a freak about measuring! I lost about 40 inches,but only 9lbs. when I joined MFP. Sodium sucks. I measure my neck,bust,chest,waist(smallest part),stomach(biggest part)hips,booty,thigh,calf,and ankle. I can go weeks without losing a pound,but I always shrink according to the tape measure.
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I didn't realise I could log my measurements on here - I normally log my weight on my phone and can't do it on there.