Abs

Options
Wizzle
Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
Ok, so my tummy has always been a problem area for me. I really want to focus on shaping it up. In fact, it is really the only area I feel I need to work on. I want to feel comfortable in a bikini. Does anyone have suggestions for me besides crunches? I do lots of crunches a day, around 200, but the results are so slow and not that great. It has been 4 mths now and I think I need to try something else with it. Can anyone help me?

65072.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Wizzle
    Options
    Ok, so my tummy has always been a problem area for me. I really want to focus on shaping it up. In fact, it is really the only area I feel I need to work on. I want to feel comfortable in a bikini. Does anyone have suggestions for me besides crunches? I do lots of crunches a day, around 200, but the results are so slow and not that great. It has been 4 mths now and I think I need to try something else with it. Can anyone help me?

65072.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aggiejane07
    aggiejane07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here's a good link with 10 of the best ab exercises. The bicycle really is a good one.

http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm

I know how you feel. My stomach is my problem area too and I just can't seem to get it toned the way I want it. I've heard diet has a lot to do with it and I am a carb/sugar addict so maybe that's my problem ;-)
  • Wizzle
    Options
    lol. Thanks, I will have to check it out. I know, I LOVE carbs way to much.
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    it is a common misconception that doing X amount of crunches a day will get you those 6 pack abs. yes, they will tone and strengthen the muscles, but the best way to tone up your abs is through cardio!!! low intensity cardio will burn the fat on top of your abdominal muscles that just won't seem to go away.

good luck~!
  • Wizzle
    Options
    Thanks, that what alot of people are suggesting to me.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Bellydance! Nothing utilizes and tones your abs as well as bellydance!

When we train to isolate each individual ab muscle, we stand, bent at the waist, flat back and starting from lower or upper...the sequence doesn't matter, but I like to change it up...pull in one ab muscle section at a time...hold it tight for 10 seconds...release for a couple of seconds...repeat each muscle section a multiple of times: lower, middle, upper...and have fun!

I also peform reverse undulations with my Abwheel...I tighten and pull back the abwheel by 1st tightening my lower abs, then my middle ab muscles and last, my upper ab muscles...even hanging leg raises won't get the lower abs like bellydance!

My ab muscles are well developed...I still have a layer of fat on them...haven't reached goal weight as of yet...I've learned that no matter how much I exercise, it is the lean, healthy diet that allows you to show your muscle cuts.
  • dedelen0
    dedelen0 Posts: 21
    Options
    Try a medicine ball workout with your abs and obliques it will help you stabilize your core muscles and tone them more and faster!!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    LOVE Jari Love Ripped to the Core it is an hour workout and you dont even know its all abs until you feel it the next day. I have three kids and love my abs actually thats my favorite part of body .....

Alisha
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    LOVE Jari Love Ripped to the Core it is an hour workout and you dont even know its all abs until you feel it the next day. I have three kids and love my abs actually thats my favorite part of body .....

Would this help with rolls in your back or love handles? Mine are not real bad--but it is there. :sad:
  • brockster
    brockster Posts: 12
    Options
    yol hows it going well to build a good set of abbs its a good idea to train your abbs with weight like doing crunches with a 10 pound weight across you chest there are some machines out there that are made to train abbs useing weight.
    your abbs are the same as any muscle in your body thay are lay on top of lay of muscles and thay respond the same as any other muscle when trained with weight thay grow bigger all muscles are very adaptive to things if you do the same thing over and over thay will get used to it bodybuilders train there abbs with weight infact the squat is a very good exersice at bulding abbs as your core has to balance the weight that is on you shoulders i do alot of differnt things for abbs differnt rep ranges and differnt weights