Here I go again

Options
I was very successful in losing over 30 pounds over a two year period from 2007-09. However, I gained much of it back and would like to lose an addtional 15 pounds (now at 200). Not extremely overweight but enough to make me feel a bit sluggish and unmotivated throughout the day. I also like to exercise and compete and it's hard to do so we you are carrying around 15 unwanted poounds.

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm about right there with ya! I've lost 40 pounds since June, and am looking to lose another 14-15 by my 'anniversary.' Here's wishing good luck and the determination to see it through to both of us!
  • ddmaries
    ddmaries Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! And it's so much easier when you have some support! I would LOVE to lose 25 pounds, but I would be happy with 20 (lol!). I started a "real" diet today, meals planned out, REALLY eating food, guess we'll see if it really will work when I stick to it. And I've warned my family that they can eat what they want - if they want to share my healthy meals, awesome - if not, they can eat their pizza and chicken wings, I'll be eating my checken breast ;-)
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you as well. I do know that peer pressure is something else. At work, it seems like someone is having a birthday party everyday and you are usually frowned upon if you don't take a couple of huge slices of cake and ice cream. I'm just going to have to learn to say "no"
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Speaking of chicken wings and pizza, I am a big fan of pro football and watching a good game does not seem complete with a bunch of unhealthy food in front of you. Now that the season is over, I have no excuses now. :)