My Fitness Coach for Wii

Options
Does anyone else use the My Fitness Coach for Wii? I'm wondering how people think Maya's calorie calculations measure up against real life. Both MFP and MFC have my weight, age, etc., but they give me radically different 'calories burnt' calculations. For My Fitness Coach, I'm lucky if she gives me much more than 120 for a 30 minute work out - and they're really tough sometimes! But on My Fitness Pal, it will auto-fill nearly 300 calories for a 30 minute low-impact aerobics workout, which is how I would describe most of my sessions. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Larkinlee
    Options
    Ive just purchased the Wii Active 2, so am interested in any answer that can be provided
  • Charli666
    Options
    i find this, i just let MFP calculate it,

i figure if i do at least 30 mins of decent excercise 6 times a week, it doesn't matter what the calorie counter says!

having said that i dont eat back my excercise calories, i see them as a bonus, so who knows =D
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    I have the exact same question, I've been writing in an amount that is directly between the two calculations.
  • jemmie00
    Options
    I've been basing it on feeling and looking up rough estimates. Personally, the lower the better because if you're not giving yourself credit for calories you're actually burning, you're not doing any harm whereas, if you put that you burned more calories than you actually did, you're only hurting yourself.
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    I have the exact same question, I've been writing in an amount that is directly between the two calculations.

I've done this a couple of times - I don't want to overdo it, though, because I usually do end up eating my extra calories. I work up quite a sweat in my workouts, and I've heard that an hour of a 'bootcamp' interval-type workout can easily be 600 calories, so it doesn't seem like 300 is out of the question.

I guess in the long run, I'd rather be under my actual-calories-burned than over, for documentation purposes.
  • savagegirl
    savagegirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The calories on there are way low!! I've checked with a heart rate monitor and burn a ton more than she says, often double or more.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    The calories on there are way low!! I've checked with a heart rate monitor and burn a ton more than she says, often double or more.

Repeating because it's a duplicate of my experience. Sports Active gave similar low numbers (the original, not 2)
  • akaeding
    akaeding Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the my fitness coach 2 for the wii?? I've been working out on that, but it doesn't tell me how many calories that I've burned. I just know that it kicks my butt everytime.