It's a little over a week away but anybody hosting 4th of Ju

Options
hey,

I was wondering if anybody was hosting 4th of July, this may sound funny but this is going to be my first get together that I will be hosting normally we do it at my parents house. Any suggestions, I am not really worried about the eatting I think I have that pretty much under control now, Just any hosting suggestions. we are going to do a dinner thing everyone will probably show up around 430 we'll probably do dinner at 530 hamburgers and hotdogs and play cards till we leave for fireworks around 8. We are doing main dish ie hamburgers and hotdogs and everybody brings snacks, sides, desserts. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thank You!

Replies

• cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    hey,

I was wondering if anybody was hosting 4th of July, this may sound funny but this is going to be my first get together that I will be hosting normally we do it at my parents house. Any suggestions, I am not really worried about the eatting I think I have that pretty much under control now, Just any hosting suggestions. we are going to do a dinner thing everyone will probably show up around 430 we'll probably do dinner at 530 hamburgers and hotdogs and play cards till we leave for fireworks around 8. We are doing main dish ie hamburgers and hotdogs and everybody brings snacks, sides, desserts. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thank You!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    corn on cob and watermelon!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Scoop out a watermelon with a melon baller and fill it back up with the melon balls and other fruit like pineapples, grapes, strawberries and other melons.

The best advice I can give is to make as much as you can the night before so you have time to enjoy yourself and if something takes longer than you expected or just seems like too much work just skip it!

Have fun! :wink: