Polar HRM...which on should I get?

Options
I would like to get a HRM...everyone talks so highly of the Polar brand I thought that is what I would get. There are so many different models....I don't know what to get. I really don't want to spend a ton (like I probably don't need the $200.00+ models)...I just need the basic functions. What do you recommend?

Replies

• heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at the FT60, granted I haven't purchased it yet. It has some great features, like the audible alarm if you're too low or high with your HR. It also has the PolarStar training program, which helps you meet goals for each week and kind of does the leg work for you, telling you how to train, the intensity and how often. Ebay's got some from $100-150 or Amazon is around $180 I think...
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have an FT4. It's not fancy but it's relatively inexpensive and gives me what I need to know - time spent and cals burned. I think I got mine for about $75 on Amazon.

(The prices go up and down a little bit)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have a ft4 i love so far and my hubby got the f6
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
  • outersoul
    Options
    Someone just asked about this. I own a FT7. It ran me about $100. It's one of the best investments I've made, along with good running shoes. If you're looking at Polars make sure you check whether or not you can change the battery yourself. On some you have to send it in or take it to an authorized dealer to have it changed.

I found mine at Big 5 Sporting Goods. I know someone that found the same one on Craigslist for $50.
  • dinx67
    Options
    Hi there, I got the Polar F6 for a good price on Amazon (about £50 and free delivery) and it's very quick and easy to set up and use. I wear it all the time as a watch and use it as a monitor for circuit training, running and swimming. Basically I rarely take it off and it copes with everything - even the sauna and steam room at the gym! I love my fitness gadgets and I've been impressed with this one.