Fiber = Gas

Options
Any suggestions on how to alleviate extra gas from increased fiber? My tummy hurts!!!

Replies

• AshleyR84
    Options
    BEANO!
  • donby
    donby Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    fart
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    The more water you drink with lots of fiber, the better.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    When you increase the fiber in your diet, you have to really drink a lot more water. Otherwise, that fiber is like concrete in the intestines. If you're tooting, go ahead and turn it loose. Let 'er rip!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    When I first started eating more high fiber foods, I would have to look around when I took the dog on a fart walk! The stench was terrable, but my body soon became used to the fibar and the gas was less often and a lot less smelly.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Papaya tablets help me. They sell them at GNC. They taste good too.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!! UGH! It has also caused constipation!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I drink 128 oz a day and I still get the gas. I don't know about that water intake settling it.
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! That's just how it is, different things are going to affect your system in different ways! Cant fight the system, just let your body get use to it, and adjust. Maybe drinking apple juice, eating fruit, or try taken fiber pills may work better for you. Find out what action will cause you to have a lesser re-action. I can eat fruit all day long with no problem, but if I drink apple juice, ' ITS ON" !! Know your body, and work it.. Good Luck
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Slowly increase your fiber. Too much fiber at one time = recipe for disaster.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Beano really does work. :bigsmile:
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    theres a study that fiber makes u live longer.
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to figer this one out myself. I just drink water and the more I drink the more relief I have also if it is too bad I take an antacid.