OT: Who's Coming to Dinner?

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
If you could ask just one person (famous or not, living or dead) to dinner and ask them ONE question. Who would you invite and what would you ask and why???

I would ask my father (deceased 08/07/07) and I would ask him if he thought I did the best I could in taking care of Mom (deceased 05/23/08) after he was gone.

Who's next?

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    If you could ask just one person (famous or not, living or dead) to dinner and ask them ONE question. Who would you invite and what would you ask and why???

I would ask my father (deceased 08/07/07) and I would ask him if he thought I did the best I could in taking care of Mom (deceased 05/23/08) after he was gone.

Who's next?
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    I counldn't just ask one, I would have to ask 2 Both my grandma's they where both very wise women, and I would ask them about the health of my family especially my mother she worries me sometimes. But really I would just like to be in their presents. I really enjoyed every minute I spent with them.
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    BTW Hey neighbor we live in Kyle! Its Nice to see someone who is livingin the same area, trying to do the samething.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I would want my mother there. She died in 2000 at the age of 50.

I would just ask her if she is at peace and happy. (trust me, this is on my mind A LOT)
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I could do just one....First I thought my Grandpa. He passed away a few years back. I would ask him how he stayed so strong and built such a great foundation for our entire familiy. He always knew what to do to solve a problem. He could fix almost any problem we had and no matter what he had to do to take care of things he knew how to do it. Financially, emotionally, physically, it's like he knew everything. And he brought smiles to everyone's face everytime he entered a room. I was blessed to have him as my grandfather.

Then I was thinking my great grandmother. I would ask her about the past. What was it like when she was growing up. I mean she passed in 96 (my senior year) and she was in her 80's so that means she was growing up during some very different times. I'd love to hear her stories. I was blessed to get to meet her and have her around as long as I did. I know some never meet their great grandparents. She is the only one I ever met.

:flowerforyou: Flowers for both of them :flowerforyou:
    :heart: and miss them very much :heart:
  • memaw66
    Options
    BTW Hey neighbor we live in Kyle! Its Nice to see someone who is livingin the same area, trying to do the samething.
    Wow, we are close!!!! If you ever make it to the Lake out here, give me a buzz!!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I would ask my mother- she died when I was 3 so I never knew her... and there are so many things I would ask her I wouldn't be able to leave it to just one question.
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would want my mother there. She died in 2000 at the age of 50.

I would just ask her if she is at peace and happy. (trust me, this is on my mind A LOT)

Joined Mar 2008

Wed 06/25/08 11:48 AMI would ask my mother- she died when I was 3 so I never knew her... and there are so many things I would ask her I wouldn't be able to leave it to just one question. (quote from GravyGirl) I don't think that i posted it right though...sorry:huh:

I am soooo sorry to hear that for the both of you:cry: They would be very proud of both of you:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would love to have Dale Earnhardt Sr. come to dinner for my husband. When he passed away, it was almost like telling him that his own dad died...almost....:cry:
  • niquetoria
    Options
    I too would ask my mother, who passed a week before her 56th birthday (I was 22). I would ask her if I have made her proud...was pretty wild before she passed, had a lot of growing up to do really quickly.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Yes, you did the best for your mother.
    Yes, your mother is at peace.
    Yes, your mother is proud of you.

What other answer would there be?

I would ask Jane Austen what her love life was like.
  • memaw66
    Options

Knowing my dad, the answers could be quite different but I so valued his opinion that I know he would never sugar coat anything just to make me feel better. So if he said I did a good job, then my mind would be at ease. Right now, I am just really struggling with that.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Well if it were my grandparents, I would not be able to let go, I'm finally at peace with their passing, so on the fun side I would pick Johnny Cash and we wouldn't eat cause I'd be too busy harassing him to sing all his songs!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options

Knowing my dad, the answers could be quite different but I so valued his opinion that I know he would never sugar coat anything just to make me feel better. So if he said I did a good job, then my mind would be at ease. Right now, I am just really struggling with that.

I mean it's the only way to think of it. I'm sure you did a wonderful job. The best job you were able to do. :flowerforyou: