Do you reward yourself when you reach miletones?

Options
Do any of you give yourself a reward when you reach a milestone? Big or small? For example, if we had the money, I would so go on a cruise with just hubby-no kids-when I reach my ultimate goal weight. But I'd like something for when I git the 100s. Don't know what, though! Hard when you don't have much money lol.

Replies

• jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Try a new shirt or outfit when you lose weight or hit goals. Have a spa day!
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have decided that when I lose most of the weight I want to, I'm going to buy some new sexier clothes. I also want to go on a vacation when I am ready for a bikini.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i do, it makes the hardwork seem to pay off. I now put the money I would have spent say on fast food or something unhealthy away, so when I reach my goal, the money is there to get my reward.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I do little rewards along the way. Pedicure for 10 pounds, new outfit for 20 and so on.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Yes, I buy myself a new pair of earrings for every 10 lbs I lose. Just cheap earrings like from claires, but it is nice to look forward to getting something every 10 lbs, and when I reach 70 lbs I am going on a 3 day trip to the ocean ( monterey) with my family, for 100 lbs I will get a several new outfits and new workout shoes

I too would love to go on a cruise just me and hubby no kids, but wont be able to do it for awhile. Maybe when the kids are grown or we have just 1 left at home. One can dream. LOL
  • bordershelly
    Options
    Thats an awesome idea BigBeaver!!!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Yes, I have set up a little reward system along the way. Little stuff here and there ... anything but food. I'm a huge make up junkie so for my 5 lbs it'll be a new eye pallet I've been dying to have ... 10 pounds will probably be a massage .... ahhhhh :happy:

At the end, the big reward will be a new summer wardrobe ????
  • Amarylis13
    Amarylis13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Before, a reward was usually an extravagant food, which would be defeating at this point. And being so tight in my budget, it's hard to come up with rewards. I have found that small things (price-wise) that I wouldn't normally get for myself can be incentive enough. For me, that might be a spa treatment, mani-pedi, etc or some new clothes. If you shop frugally, like at Ross, TJ Max and other places, you can find really great things reasonably.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    When I hit my halfway point I'm getting a new haircut. :)

Every 10 pounds or so after that I plan to get one or two new pieces of clothing. You can find nice things on the clearance rack even. You don't need to buy yourself really expensive things. When I hit my goal I do plan to treat myself to a mini shopping spree, though. Nothing super extravagant but a couple new outfits but you sort of need to do that since nothing will fit, haha.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    New purse after ten pounds
    new clothes after 20 pounds
    new sun glasses after 25 pounds
    new earings to go with outfits 40 pounds

Funny when heavy I never did jewlery, just recently went out and bought ten pair of earings and three necklaces. The new sunglasses where needed , because the old ones would slip off me face when looking down. Even my head lost wieght.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't do rewards. I don't need them. Losing weight and being healthier are all the rewards I need. I do get a new pair or pants when I need them, but since I'm a stay at home mom I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe every time I drop a size. Once I'm at my goal weight I should be able to fit into all my old clothes, but I'll be getting a lot of new shoes. After pregnancies my feet have grown a half size.